6 Ways to Freshen Up Your Room

via Unsplash
Hello darlings!

If you know me you will know that I love decorating my bedroom, and organisation.
It makes me so happy to have a clean, pretty and organised space to call my own. But we all know that your bedroom can get messy and untidy quite quickly!

Today I want to share some of my favourite ways to freshen up and tidy my room!



1. Let the fresh air in!
I am a great believer in the benefits of fresh air! I love to open the window in my room on a sunny day and let in that lovely breeze.
It just makes the room feel a lot cleaner even though all you did was open the window. It also helps improve the quality of the indoor air.


2. Wash your bedding (or get a new set)
I don't do this enough! I did it recently and let the duvet cover and everything else dry outside in the sun and it felt so nice to get into a clean bed that night.
If your bedding is looking a bit worn and thin, maybe it is time to get a new one!


3. Wipe down all the surfaces & vacuum the floor (thoroughly!)
I usually vacuum once a week and wipe everything down every now and then when the dust has accumulated a bit.
These are both simple and quick tasks but both ones that will make a difference!


4. Add fresh flowers or a house plant
Adding something living to your space instantly helps make it feel more alive! Makes sense right?
Flowers make anything so happy and cheerful and will probably make you smile when you see therm.
House plants also help to clean the air and some even improve sleep quality. They are definitely something to keep around!


5. Declutter, declutter, declutter!
I find decluttering to very satisfying and rewarding. Get rid of the thing you no longer need or want. Giving them to a second-hand shop means someone else can enjoy it more than you did.
This applies to clothes, decor items, books and other bits & bobs. It will give you more space and make your room look cleaner because you have fewer things in it.


6. Hang up some new wall decor
I recently made my own little banner and hung it up on my wall and I love how it looks!
Frame a print or photo, put up a cute wall hanging, or a garland/banner. A few new touches here and there will give your space an updated look and help you feel more inspired when you are in it.


Enjoy these quick tips and I hope they help or inspire you to make something beautiful out of your space!



keep blooming,

Hannah

Comments

  1. I love your ideas, Hanni!! I'm doing a few of the same things! Decluttering is something I try to do a bit as well! And fresh air is SO AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for fresh air! I usually go for a walk everyday, and one day when I didn't a found I felt more tired and had a light headache. It's so good!

      Delete
    2. I completely agree!! I try to run these days. My dad takes some of my siblings to run at the park every couple of days, and I go along with them. I'm really enjoying running! The cold, fresh air is so revitalizing!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker