The Book Lover's Questionnaire

Via StockSnap

Please tag me for tags if you know of one or want me to do it!
I feel like I am cheating but I can't help not being tagged to do any thing yet. Here is another bookish tag/questionnaire that I heard about and thought it looked cool. I couldn't find the link to the creator.
Enjoy!

1. Do you have a specific place for reading
I normally read on my bed, partly because it's comfy and partly because I tend to read at night....when I am in bed.
Other places I read are in the car (if we are driving straight and I won't get car sick), on the couch, or at the dining table where it is really not very comfy.


2. Bookmark or random piece of paper ?
*looks around awkwardly*
These are pretty much all of my bookmarks. Almost all of them are handmade. There about 5 others I forgot to include.



3. Can you stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?
I do like to finish the chapter if I can, but if I can't I try to stop in a line break or the beginning of a page.


4. Music or TV while reading?
TV? Who can read while the TV or a movie is going? I certainly can't. I have found out that instrumental music helps me to read a little faster sometimes.


5. Do you eat or drink while reading?
As long as you do not get any thing on/in the book. A lot of the time I will have a cup of tea (Rose, Tangerine and Grapefruit by Dilmah ♥) next to me when I am reading and I snack a lot so if I do feel hungry I will grab a little something and carry on reading.


6. One book at a time or several?
One.


7. Reading at home or elsewhere?
I basically answered this in number 1.
Normally at home though.


8. Read out loud or silently?
I hate reading aloud. Ok, maybe hate is a strong word to use but I always read in my head.


9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I try to only pick up a book if it has been highly recommended by someone who I trust in their judgement of books or I am very sure that I will like it. Then I read from page 1 till the last page. No skipping, no skimming, no read the end. I only DNF books when I just can't get into in or I'm not in the mood for that book at that time.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I take care of my books, what do you think I do?
(like new!) Plus broking spines are a bookish pet peeve of mine.

11. Do you write in your books?
Do-I-write-in-my--
No!!!
No way!



This post has been floating around as a draft for ages but now it's all out in the open!
I do hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Happy Reading!


Comments

  1. Hi! I have tagged you with ''The Animation Tag'', if you want to, you can do it :)
    I don't understand how anyone can read while the TV is on! It is so annoying! If I am reading a book, and others are watching TV, I put the book away and watch along(or do something else of course). But music distracts too, for me. I mostly don't eat while I read, but when I do, it's either an apple, tea or chocolate. Or a cookie :)
    How can anyone read several books at a time? I always get confused that way and can't really concentrate on the story that much anymore. And read out loud? Everyone in the room can hear that way. I like to read in my head too, except for when I'm reading a book to my little brothers and sister.
    Me too, I finish the book at a new chapter, or when there is a break between the lines. Cant't put it down in the middle of a sentence, that's impossible!
    ~Ruth~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an interesting post. I liked your answers!:) I agree, no TV, but instrumental music is nice, when reading. Oh, and a cup of tea pairs so perfectly with a book, yes! I used to be a firm one-book-at-a-time girl...not so much anymore. I'm currently reading 5 books, 3 of which are for school. But that's alright. I have become more okay with it over the years, even though it takes me a bit longer to finish books when I have to make time to read the others as well. Hopefully, when I am done with school, I'll be able to read just one at a time again.

    I think I may be doing a tag of my own soon, and I will certainly tag you for it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist