An Amish Match ~ Book Review ~ My First Book Review On Here!


You may have noticed that my posting patterns have changed lately. Usually I post on Monday and Friday, but lately I've just had so many post ideas that I just want to churn them out!
So for the next few weeks you may see me posting on other days as well. Hopefully you don't get sick of me then!
Now on with the review......


Oh, this book made me so happy!

"With a baby on the way, a toddler son to care for and a run-down farm, Amish widow Rebekah Burkholder is worried for her family's future. So when a kind, hardworking Amish widower with three children proposes marriage for sensible reasons, Rebekah accepts.
She'll oversee Joshua Stoltzfus's household, be a loving mother to his children and try to reach his rebellious teenager.
Joshua will make a wonderful father to her young son and the little one soon to be born.
But as Rebekah unexpectedly falls for her new husband, dare she hope that Joshua will reopen his heart to love, too?"

I really loved this heartwarming read. There were great moments with the whole family and I loved how loving they all were. The Stoltzfus family is the kind of family I would love to hang out with.

Rebekah is such a loving, wise and strong woman. She is great with the kids and really helps Joshua and his teenage son Timothy repair their shaky relationship.
Joshua is so kind and caring towards his family, he works hard but spends time with them as well.

My favourite quote form this book is the description Jo Ann Brown gives of Rebekah.
"Her freckles looked as if someone had blown cinnamon across her nose and high cheekbones."
Isn't that so cute? I just love that description of freckles.
I like that the lady on the front has red hair like Rebekah is supposed to. Sometimes covers have a person with blond hair when the character actually has black hair or something like that and it bugs me!
The ending was great and after I finished I had to hug the book.
I do recommend this book if you want something short but sweet. It was quite clean, mentioning a few kisses that were not detailed.

What more can I say? Overall I just loved this book!
Let me know if you pick it up and read it!

~ Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

She is called Daughter