Favourite Christmas Songs


Alright, let's get this very clear. I love music! Music is one of the things I could not live without and I'm not ashamed of it.
I absolutely love listening to music while I do this and that. I am listening to music now as I write this as I often do when I blog.
It makes me happy, inspires me or puts me the the right mood for the occasion. I just love it.

This post is going to be all about Christmas music. Surprised?

I have to start with Michael Buble of course.
My favourite Michael Buble Christmas songs are:
White Christmas (Duet with Shania Twain)
All I Want For Christmas
Silent Night
Silver Bells
Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad (Duet with Thalia)

Sample

Overall Michael Buble just has a great jazzy singing voice that I love. If you haven't heard of him you should really listen to his stuff.(You may find yourself singing along and dancing around the room!)

Pentatonix
The Pentatonix Acappella group makes some great stuff that's for sure. They are great singers and I love their Christmas songs, especially these:
Away in a Manger
Deck the Halls
Sleigh Ride
The First Noel
Let is Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!
Joy to the World

Sample

Really lovely tunes to get you excited for the December season!

The Piano Guys
My family has been listening to these guys for a few years now and I really like how hey make classical music a bit more exciting.
They just released a new Christmas album, Christmas Together.
My faves from them are:
Angels from the Realms of Glory
This song is so good I have to say something about it. Its so joyful, triumphant and glorious! It captures all the anticipation leading up to Christmas. You must listen to it!
Ode to Joy to the World
I saw Three Ships
The Sweetest Gift
This song is so sad but beautiful. It is dedicated to Annie Schmidt, who was Jon Schmidt's daughter. (Jon is the pianist) She fell of a cliff when she was hiking about a year ago. She was only about 20.
Even though I haven't lost anyone, I still quite like it.

Sample (Amazing!)


Guy Penrod
Guy Penrod's songs have a warm, country, family feel to them.
From his album my favourites are:
Tennessee Christmas
Winter Wonderland
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Away in a Manger
A Cradle in Bethlehem
O Holy Night
Sample

Go and listen to them will you? It will add some warmth to your Christmas for sure! Not that we need any more warmth as it has been so hot here.

Home Free
They sing my favourite carol O Holy Night so well!
Angels We have Heard on High
Silent Night 
White Christmas
are also great in their deep manly voices!



Others
Little Drummer Boy by Peter Hollens
Messiah by Francesca Battistelli
This is the best lyric video ever!
Let it Snow by Dean Martin
I saw Three Ships by Lindsey Stirling
Heaven Everywhere by Francesca Battistelli

Well I hope you enjoyed that and you check out some of these!
This is one of the last Christmasy posts and I am sad about that but there will be 3 more before the year is out!
Yes, I will be posting a short post on Christmas Day.

What post would you like me do do in 2019?
Favourite Christmas song?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist