6 Things I think that Young Women should put into Practice

Via Pinterest

As young women I believe we should be learning certain skills to equip us in later years from an early age.
In this post I will be covering those things!


1. Hospitality
If you're like me this is something you sort of learnt through your mother. I remember many times when I was younger we had visitors over and my mother would prepare food and drinks and be kind and polite. Me and my siblings were often told to ask a guest if they wanted a drink or bring food out.
Hospitality is of course more than giving people food. Welcoming people into your home with a smile on your face and love in your heart, that is also hospitality.

1 Peter 4:9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.

2. Cooking
Everyone needs to learn this to be honest. I thought I would include it anyway just because it is a great skill. Not just to be able to cook but do it well.
I myself am not very keen on cooking but I do want to learn to because it's a good skill to have up my sleeve and I don't think anyone should live on takeaways.

Proverbs 31:15 ....she provides food for her family.....

3. Compassion and Serving Others
First I will specify what compassion means. "a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering".
Some people are born with this others not as much but I think it is a very important thing to do.
Having compassion on others will most likely lead us to serving others. We will try to help them and ease their pain. This is something I would very much like to teach myself.

Proverbs 31:20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.

4. Being wise with money
Save money, give money to less fortunate, be wise in what we spend it on.
This one is pretty self explanatory!

Proverbs 31:16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
Obviously this is just an example. You don't necessarily have to plant a vineyard!

5. To be an example to other younger women/girls
This one is very important because younger girls need more godly women to look up to and aspire to these days.
A lot of girls want to be like famous movies stars and singers. Some of the greatest examples for women are in the Bible. Ruth, Mary, Esther, and many more.
So please think of when you were younger and in their shoes, didn't you feel confused about who to follow and imitate? Show these girls what a true woman is.

Proverbs 31:26 She speaks with wisdom, and instruction is on her tongue.

6. Choose modesty (if you haven't already!)
This is simple. Think about what guidelines you want to set for yourself because it really depends on your own convictions.
So for me, I don't like wearing skirts or shorts that go above my knees or necklines that show my underwear.
What are you comfortable with? Consider guys in your clothing choices too.

Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity....



Comments

  1. Very nice, Hannah. I loved this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elanor! It was very fun to write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeeeeesss! These are all so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very important! I loved to write it! Much love, Hannah

      Delete
  4. Lovely! Wonderful post! :D ~ Sveta https://belrosecottage.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter