Book quotes I love

Photo via StockSnap
Hey, hello everyone!
Lately when I read a book I look out for cool quotes that I can write down in my notebook.
I pick quotes that are descriptive/poetic, beautiful, fun, inspirational or say wise things.
I always find it hard writing these intros so let's get on with it shall we!

"It's ironic that some plants thrive in soil that has been displaced. 
Due to the devastation around us, these flowers bloom more profusely, yet I find their tenacity and beauty uplifting."
- Shadow and Light, War Girls, Theresa Breslin

"Her freckles looked as if someone had blown cinnamon across her nose and high cheekbones."
- An Amish Match, Jo Ann Brown

"Sweet scents came in through the windows: almond scents, honey scents, rose scents; all mingled into an ineffable bouquet of youth and the quest of youth."
- The Alabaster Box, Mary E. Wilkins Freeman and Florence Morse Kingsley


"There, behind the eye of the camera, I was truly at peace."
- Picture Perfect, Janice Thompson

"Jesus wrecked my life, shattered it to pieces, and put it back together more beautifully."
- Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis

"I'm just an ordinary girl. An ordinary girl serving an extraordinary God."
- Kisses from Katie, Katie Davis



"We fought back with our music; it was the only weapon we had."
- The Mozart Question, Michael Morpurgo

"Why does this war have to destroy anything and everything that's fine and beautiful?"
- War Horse, Michael Morpurgo

"She was so beautiful when she smiled, but now was not the time to tell her so."
- The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest, Melanie Dickerson

"Life is full of what ifs. You can't let it hold you back. If you do, you're not really living at all. . . just kind of going through the motions with no meaning."
- Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important."
- The Help, Kathryn Stockett

These are all from books that I have read. I hope you liked them!

Which is your favourite?
Do you say 'two thousand and eighteen' or '20-18' ? Just curious.


Comments

  1. Love this one: "Life is full of what ifs. You can't let it hold you back. If you do, you're not really living at all. . . just kind of going through the motions with no meaning."
    - Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton

    I say 20-18, but I guess it's either or.

    Btw, you've been tagged over at my blog (most recent post). No pressure though. It's just if you're interested. :)

    ~ Elanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, Elanor! A period drama tag, I have never done a period drama tag so I would be delighted to do yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lissa, Welcome and I hope you'll join us here!
    I know, I can't pick a favourite either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter