5 Mini Movie Reviews


Remember when I wrote that post about the movies I wanted to watch?
In case you don't, I 'll put it right here. Movies I Want to watch
Since I posted that I have ticked off a few from that list. Here are my thoughts on them.

Saving Mr Banks (2013)
To describe this movie in one word.....delightful. Truly delightful! Emma Thompson is a wonderful actress and plays this role so well. 
I loved the Sherman brothers too! How they try and try to write the songs to Pamela's liking.
The filming was lovely. Pamela's flashbacks to her childhood were sad and beautiful at the same time.
You've also got to love her taxi driver, who's always trying to be optimistic. There were so many wonderful characters in this movie. ♥
I would recommend this movie to you all if you haven't already seen it!

\
Viceroy's House (2017)
I didn't enjoy this movie as much as some I have seen. It's was good because I never knew much about the topic and Hugh Bonneville was great of course. So it was historically interesting. I'm not really sure what else to say. Don't get me wrong though, this is not a boring movie. Period dramas set in places like India always make them seem so exotic, though this movie also captured the suffering well. The man that played Gandhi looked amazingly alike him too!
So I would recommend to people who are interested.


Victoria and Abdul (2017)
This is a lovely film about friendship. And the amazing Judi Dench returns to play Queen Victoria.
My aunt and my mother went and saw this in the cinema together and my mother came home and said it was really nice.
So, of course, we all watched it when it was out on DVD!
It annoyed me how the government was so dead against the Queen cultivating a friendship with an Indian servant, learning Hindi and spending time with him. Let her be happy for once in her mournful life after her dear Albert's death!
It was a good movie though and I enjoyed it enough. There are some pretty cute scenes with Victoria and Abdul.

The Zookeeper's Wife (2017)
I was pleased and disappointed at the same time after watching this film. I was excited to see it because of Jessica Chastain who I quite enjoy watching on screen. It was a great and quite different story from the II World War. Set in a zoo in Poland was a very unique setting for a war film. But I liked it. The animals added something to it. I always admire people who rescued the afflicted souls affected by the Holocaust.
However, there were two things I strongly disliked. Lutz Heck (played by Daniel Bruhl) was horrible! Ugh, ugh, eww! That's all I have to say about him.
And a couple *cough* bedroom scenes which could have been left out. Oh, and the animals that got killed in the bombings. That was sad too.
I did enjoy seeing the war from a new perspective. 


Swallows and Amazons (2017)
My wonderful Nonna took us to see this last year and it was soooo lovely. These four Walker children remind me of the Pevensie children in The Chronicles of Narnia! There is no magic though.
The story is based on the book by Arthur Ransome. The scenery was stunning, acting was great and the story and a twist of mystery to it. Perfect right?
It's a great adventure movie for any age. When we went to see it in the cinema half of the other people watching were older folks. I bet they remembered reading the books when they were kids!
Highly recommend this to everyone!
Rodger Walker is so cute(the small boy) and Tatty has a great imagination(the smaller girl).
Nancy and Peggy are also pretty cool.


And so there are my reviews on those five movies. I love it when you find a perfectly delightful movie with an intriguing story, brilliant acting, beautiful scenery and a happy ending! Don't you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker