Cake Flavoured Tag


When I saw this tag on Keturah's blog I knew I must fill out my answers to the questions. I mean c'mon, CAKE? And books? Perfect!

So here they are!

Chocolate Cake : a dark book you absolutely love
For dark I am thinking like a suspense book.....? Blackout by Lynette Eason then. It was dark, suspenseful and a little creepy but I loved it.

Vanilla Cake : a light read
This makes me think of a contemporary romance read. So for this I must go with The Icing on the Cake by Janice Thompson. And what do you know, it fits perfectly with this tag!

Red Velvet : a book that gave you mixed emotions
I'm curious to try red velvet cake though it basically a red vanilla cake right?
A book that gave me mixed emotions was Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn in the Christy Miller series. It made me happy, slightly annoyed and excited to read more of Christy.

Cheesecake : a book you would recommend to everyone
Well, the Bible of course!
A fiction book I would recommend to everyone would be Winnie the Pooh by A.A Milne. Everyone should read this authors short tales of a bear of very little brain(despite that fact, we still love him!).

Coffee Cake : a book you started but didn't finish
The White Horse of Zennor and other Stories by Michael Morpurgo. Though he is indeed on my list of top favourite writers I did not enjoy this book when I read it(which was, I'll admit, I while ago now). It was just simply weird and not my cup of tea.

Carrot Cake : a book with great writing
My first choice would be a Michael Morpurgo book.  The Mozart Question by him.
His writing is just simple and that is what makes me love it. It's descriptive but still simple and wonderful. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak could also go with answer(just saying!).

Cupcakes : a series with 4+ books
The whole entire Christy series. Definitely has more than 4 books! I haven't gotten very far in this series (2 books) but I already love it. The faith content is one of the best hings about it! Todd,though he has not appeared very often, is amazing! Christy has to grow a bit more in her faith but that's all part of the story I suppose.

Fruit Cake : a book that wasn't what you anticipated
Becky's Horse by Madison Winifred. I was not expecting what this book had in store for me! I thought is was just another horse book (I've gotten a bit tired of them) but oh no! It's not! Read it!

Lamington : favourite Australian book
There are not many books set in Aussie. At least not that I have read.
Alone on a Wide, Wide Sea by Michael Morpurgo is set completely in Australia but it's not my favourite. It'll have to do though.

I Tag:
Elanor from Musings of a Jane Austen Wannabe
Naomi from Wonderland Creek
Rachel from A Girl's Place
Macaiah from Notebooks and Novels
And Natasha from Simple Things


Comments

  1. A tag with cake AND books?!?! Yum! Red velvet cake isn't exactly like vanilla cake, it has some cocoa powder in it. But it's not chocolate either. It's really yummy, one of my favorites! Thank you for tagging me, I can't wait to do this. =)

    Micaiah @ Notebooks and Novels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! Thanks for the tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great book tag! It was fun and enjoyable. I look up Becky's horse and now you have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker