Trying not to squeal!


So, um, the other night we watched this movie called 'The something...Showman' and it was sorta cool so I decided I should write a review on it.

No, really it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try to express how much I loved it in words but... I just LOVED IT, OK!

I had heard a lot about it, a lot of my fellow bloggers were raving about it, singers I knew were recreating the songs from it and even Jordan Taylor was impressed.

Ladies and gents, I present, just a few of my million reasons for loving this movie!


Reason #1 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:
All the songs are so cool! My personal faves are Rewrite the Stars and The Other Side, but really all of them are great. I found these posters on Pinterest and aren't they awesome! Back to the songs, most musicals make me just want to burst out in song with walking in town. This one definitely did that.
Been singing, listening to the soundtrack and having my thought replaced with the lyrics ever since last Friday night when we saw it.


Reason #2 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:




I have to admit it. I do like Anne & Philip better than Phineas & Charity even thought P&C are great too. The 'Rewrite the Stars part is one of my favourite parts of the entire movie. I love their storyline and how they interact. And the whole trapeze things is quite 'different'.
I also love interracial couples (like in Belle or A United Kingdom). And who wouldn't like a man in suspenders?


Reason #3 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:
It's so colourful, bright, shiny, sparkly and wonderful! The costumes are beautiful.
Hugh Jackman's red coat is amazing. The costumes range from weird to wonderful. But they all come together in a dazzling world of light and colour.


Reason #4 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:

It's a musical, so of course, there is dancing. Lots of it. Phineas and Charity dance together. The show people dance, Caroline dances, and...Anne flies through the air. The movie isn't supposed to be historically accurate so the dancing isn't but it's still fantastic and vibrant.


Reason #5 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:


They had an amazing cinematographer on this movie because all the scenes are shot perfectly. The light is always beautiful. It's just overall really well done.


Reason #6 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:
Again, the costumes, especially Jenny Lind's dresses are stunning (running out of adjectives!).
Jenny Lind always wears big, amazing white dresses that suit her well. Charity has a flowy, soft, feminine style. All the show people have cool costumes too. Lettie(the bearded lady) has a dress with big waves of material around her legs that she swishes around when they sing and dance.


Reason #7 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:
This scene is lovely. Charity has a pretty blue scarf that floats in the air behind her. It's also a recreation of a scene in the beginning when they were kids. I won't say anything else, otherwise, I'll spoil it for the poor souls who have not yet seen this brilliant movie, but it ends with a kiss. (Not the movie, the scene)


Reason #8 as to why I love The Greatest Showman to bits:
Though most of the quote-worthy lines come from the songs, there are others which the characters say between the singing and dancing. These two are ones that I liked.
"Men suffer more from imagining too little than too much." --Phineas Barnum
"You don't need everyone to love you, Phin. Just a few good people!" --Charity Barnum



And those are just some of the reasons. There are others but I can't think of them right now. I overall just loved it and now I know what all the hype was about.
This will be on my list of top favourites for sure!

Have you seen it? What is your favourite song from The Greatest Showman?


Comments

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter