Bookshelf Tag


It's been WAY too long since I 've done any kind of tag post. But I saw this one on The Storybook Journal which is one of my favourite blogs!  I also just want to show off my bookshelves!

Rules:
1. The books you answer must come from your shelves.
2. Use photos of the books you are talking about!


Describe your bookshelf (or wherever it is you keep your books-it doesn't actually have to be a shelf!) and where you got it from.
I honestly can't remember where we got my shelves from. I have two on opposite sides of my room.
There's nothing special about them...they're just white bookshelves. I would like to get a new one someday so that my books can all be living on one shelf.


Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
They are roughly organized by height. But I organize them every few months so that'll change soon.
 
What's the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
This big red book you see here has a grand total of 1336 pages!  "Yeah, I'll read you someday."  *sneaks away quietly*


What's the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
A book any smaller than this would need to be called a leaflet! At a total of  68 pages, it's a short read for sure.


Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?
My Nonna gave this to me a few years back. I got about a quarter way through it and then got distracted by another book...we've all been there, right?


What's the smallest (height and width wise) on your shelf?
I put my hand next to it to show you how small it really is. I am often attracted to tiny book such as this when I stumble upon them at book sales. This one is quite cute.



What's the biggest (height and width wise) on your shelf?
I love this book and yes, it is rather big in size. By page count, it's actually just right (around 300 or so pages). I'll link my review here.



Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
My Nonna gave this to me, she counts as a friend! We both share a love for books.


The most expensive book?
Most of my books are given to me or bought for very cheap from thrift stores or book sales. This volume of Christy Miller I bought myself and it was around $26. I don't regret it though!


The last book you read on your shelf?
I'm currently going on a bit of a Christy craze, reading 3 in a row. Since each book is quite short it can take me about a week or less to finish one and that's fast for me!


Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
How on earth am I supposed to remember? The books that I do remember being read to me that I have on my shelves are First Farm in the Valley and the Little House on the Prairie series (not these copies pictured).


Do you have more than one copy of a book?
Northanger Abbey. I have all of JA's major books and yet I have never read a single one!


Do you have the complete series of any book series?
 They might not look like a series, but it is. And I do have two copies of Good Wives! I have read Little Women and I need to get to Good Wives soon. We rewatched Little Women the other night and for the first time in forever! I love the movie.

Also, the original cover for Little Men wasn't that nice so I covered it with fabric and embroidered the title.


What's the newest addition to your shelf?
There was a book sale recently and I got a lot but these are the ones I'm most excited about. I never in a month of Sunday's thought that I could find books like these at the book sale and yet the minute I laid on them, I snatched them up and put them in my box.


What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
Both of these have lived in my shelves for a considerable amount of time. One day I will get to read them for myself. My mum read the 1st one when I was younger.



What's the most recently published book on your shelf?
Elanor's Secret by Caroline Beecham was released this May. I got an advanced copy when I won Maggie's Kitchen. Looking forward to reading it!



The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?

Yup, it's pretty old. I will treasure this book, one because it's so old and beautiful and two because I really want to read it since I saw the TV series.


A book you've won?
From a Goodreads giveaway. It never hurts to enter!


A book you'd hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you would never let someone borrow)?
These and pretty much any of my brand new/newer books (aka books I didn't get 2nd hand).


Most beat up book?
The top book's spine is a little worse for wear and the cover of Jo's Boys is curved (I'm assuming from water damage).


The most pristine book?
My beloved Christy books! I have Volume 4 in the mail! It has a blue spine so I can't wait to line 'em all up.


A book from your childhood?
I adored this book when I was young. I listened to it on tape! Young kids these days would never have even heard on a cassette tape!


A book that's not actually your book?
How dare you think I stole someone's book! Nop, they're all MINE!
:)



A book with a special/different cover (eg: leatherbound, soft fuzzy cover, etc.)?
The Alabaster Box has an interesting cover. It's hard to explain but it is kind of leathery, but not like,  leather bound. I hope you can kinda see from the pictures that it is quite different from your usual hardback book.


A book that is your favourite colour?
I currently haven't got the foggiest idea what my fave colour is. But I do love this cover and spine colour. The purple is very pretty.



A book that's been on your shelf the longest that you still haven't read?
Like all of them! There are a few which have been in my possession longer than the rest which I really should read but..you know how it is!



Any signed books?
Above: Growing Up Duggar by Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger Duggar
Below: The Mozart Question by Michael Morpurgo
I met Mrs. Duggar and Jana, but the Michael Morpurgo book was sent to us by some relatives who went to a book signing.


Phew. That was a lot of questions! I hope you enjoyed that and feel free to do this tag if you haven't already.
Also, I wanted to show you the inscription in one of my A.A Milne books. Isn't this so cool? The 1940'S!

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist