I have all Four Christy Miller Volumes!!!


I heard about this series through Lindsey at Books for Christian Girls. I have read 4 of the books so far and have fallen in love with this series. I am also very happy to finally own all of the first four volumes. Following these four are The College Years, The Married Years and The Baby Years, with many spinoffs and extra books woven in between.
I love the covers. They are just the right kinds of books to take on holiday or add to your beach bag.
Sadly I haven't been able to do either of those this yet.

I think my favourite cover is the last one, the Volume 4 cover. ♥


Each volume has three of the books inside it. They are nice short reads. A fast reader could probably read all 12 in a day!
Also, how fun and bright are these spines. I have been waiting to line them all up together and when I did it was sooo satisfying!



I'll admit, my favourite parts are when Christy and Todd are talking and spending time around each other. Christy occasionally annoys me with her thoughts and actions but when I put my self in her shoes I can understand her.

I tried to make the photos a little summery by adding my sunglasses! I was really looking forward to Autumn, but now it's basically gone and Winter has arrived, so I long for Summer! "Make up your mind Hannah!"

I actually took a photo of the wrong book here. In Yours Forever, which is in the 1st Volume, Todd gives Christy a gold ID bracelet that says 'Forever' on it. I wanted to kind of replicate that and I put my cross bracelet(which I can't even get on my wrist) in the photo.


More of the colourful spine goodness. They are the most vibrant spines on my bookshelves.


Here's a peek of the back covers from Vol. 1 and 3. Christy grows in maturity, her faith, and her friendships throughout the series. I think this is a cool thing to see in books. When the main character grows and develops over time, and it makes me love them all the more when I've finished the book.

Some of my favourite things about this series so far are:
• Christy and Todd, obviously, but I love how Todd encourages her and is a great friend and brother in Christ to her. He is very wise and considerate.
• Katie, though she sometimes puts silly ideas in Christy's head, I much prefer her to Christy's other friend, Paula. I also think that Rick is nice, but I definitely don't like the idea of him getting in the way of Christy and Todd!
• I like how Christy talks to God like a friend.

Well, I just had to show you these and gush over them! I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you've read this series or if you might try it now!



xoxo
Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist