What My Quiet Time Looks Like // My Quiet Time Series

Welcome to a brand new series here on Joy & Wildflowers called My Quiet Time. In this series, I am going to cover introduction topics such as what my personal Bible reading time looks like, and the benefits of Bible reading with following posts about lessons I learned from my quiet time.
I am so excited about this series because it's something I love with all my heart and I would love to encourage you all too!

I wake up at 7am and get on with my quiet time before the business of the new day begins.


So then I get out my Bible, notebook, pencil case, prayer journal, and my tablet. I used to do Bible on my desk once I was dressed but now in the winter it's too cold(and I'm lazy) and I stay in bed.

Note: Also before I start I am trying to get into the habit of saying a short prayer before I get into the Word.

One
Currently, I am going through the book of Leviticus( I do not recommend this book if you are just starting out in bible reading!) and so I'll read one chapter a day.
I find that one chapter is just the right amount where it's not too little or too much to read. I use a highlighter colour code to highlight and organize my reading.

Two
Journaling/note-taking is next. I read sections of a study guide on Blue Letter Bible. Now with a study guide, I think they can be great. If you find a guide that you trust and use it on the side, they are very helpful. But I would not want to rely on them because when you read your Bible you want to be keeping your eyes open at what you will pick up from the passage. So use a study guide if you want some extra information and want to go deeper, but learn to go without them too.

Three
I might go deeper my searching the definition of certain words. For example, I read Psalm 139:14 once and decided to look up the meanings of fearfully and wonderfully. What I found was this:
Fearfully means- in an anxious manner, apprehensively, extremely
Wonderfully means- in a way that inspires delight or admiration: extremely well
Pretty cool huh?

Four
Lately, I have been finishing by doing 10 minutes of prayer in my prayer journal. I like to write them down because I focus better.
I'll pick one person or a situation and pray specifically for them/it. Ten minutes actually goes by quite fast!



And that's basically what my quiet time looks like. It's not always the same but it generally follows this pattern.

What is your favourite part of your own devotions?

xoxo
Hannah



Comments

  1. Aaw! I love this! <3 (Might have to steal this post idea...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist