A few movie recommendations!


Oh hey! I realized yesterday that I haven't discussed movies on the blog lately so right here, right now I'm going to review some recent faves and ones I would recommend. (And I have slipped in a Shane gif here, just because! You got to love Signed, Sealed Delivered.)




Follow the Stars Home {2001}
Right, so this movie has one of the sweetest, cutest proposals in it! I had to get that out because man, IT'S CUTE! I love Kimberly Williams-Paisley as the starring role(the lady with the paintbrush). It's a very nice story with a very happy ending. I don't want to say too much or I'll give it away but trust me, this movie is really good.
Basically, there are these brothers, Dianne(Kimberly Williams) marries the charming one but when she gets pregnant they find out the baby has genetic defects and her charming husband leaves her. The other brother(a doctor), remains a friend to Dianne and is his niece's doctor. There is a drastic turn of events which churns everything up and places everything back where it belongs, thus a happy ending! You have to see it for yourself!



Eat, Play, Love {2017}
Though this is a Hallmark movie, which tends to be a bit cheesy, I liked this one and thought it was cute. Carly and Dan were high school sweethearts who lost connections and then bump into each other(almost literally!) years down the road. There were a lot of dogs in this movie which I loved since we have our own furry friend now. Anyhow, I liked it and recommend it if you love dogs! Hallmark movies are sometimes cliche and cheesy but I at least give them credit for being clean.


Did You Hear About the Morgans? {2009}
Have I mentioned that I have a weak spot for Hugh Grant? Well, I do and I asked my mum if there were any of his movies that were good and decent. We watched this one and I was not disappointed! It was funny, Hugh's expressions and awkwardness were great and it had a good overall message. They are a divorced couple but they ended up having to work through things when they have to leave their busy separate, NYC lives and be transported together to a small town in the middle of nowhere. It makes for a pretty witty plot line!



Moms' Night Out {2014}
Aaah ha ha! We watched this for the second time the other night and oh man! It's hilarious, and everything that could go wrong goes wrong for these three women who just want a night away from their demanding jobs as mums.
Bones is one of the best characters in my opinion. Looks can be deceiving and this is defiantly true for Bones. 
Great movie to watch as a family!



Anything for Love {2016}
This is another Hallmark movie that I enjoyed recently. Paul Greene(Dr. Carson in When Calls the Heart) plays the main guy, Jack who is a male nurse. Things get a bit mixed up in this romance! Jack and Katherine meet through online dating and they aren't who the person thinks they are, which is not entirely their own faults. It's a bit hard to explain but its fun and cute.


xoxo
Hannah



Comments

  1. Oh, yes, I really enjoyed Did You Hear About the Morgans?; it was cute...plus, Hugh Grant. I like him, too, and I've seen quite a few of his rom coms. And, of course, Mom's Night Out is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which of his(Hugh Grants) do you recommend?

      Delete
    2. Honestly, I can't recommend all of his (watch at your own discretion, obviously). But I would say Music & Lyrics is a good one...also, The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain (yes, that's what it's called--and we thought Guernsey had a mouthful of a title, haha!).

      Delete
  2. I might watch them. But I don't know, I have so much to watch. :) I've seen Mom's Night Out, but I didn't enjoyed it. Also watched Did you hear about the Morgans, but I turned it out after an few minutes, I didn't enjoyed this either. I sound very terrible right now, giving my hard opinions about the movies. Don't feel bad, everyone got their own style of movies they love and would recommend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fine, everybody has their own tastes!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist