Lies you are probably believing


(Collab with Audrey from The Road 2 Wherever)

Before I start, I just want to introduce you to a friend of mine. Audrey, blogger @ The Road 2 Wherever, and I are collaborating together to give you some thoughts and encouragement on fighting lies you are most likely believing and what we did to fight ours.
I met Audrey through Coffee and Bible Time's new bible study called Uprooting Lies Planting Truth.
Audrey, along with two other girls, and I were accountability partners for this bible study.
More info on the bible study later!


Here's a list of lies I tackled during this journey and the Bible verses that combated them:

  1. I am not beautiful. (Proverbs 31:30, Psalm 139:14, 1 Peter 3:3-4, Ephesians 2:10)
  2. God doesn't give us more than we can handle. (James 1:3-4, 1 Cor 1:4-8) Plus some great advice from a dear friend, who said, "God never allows us to go through anything that is bigger than the grace he gives us to handle it. In everything, we are enriched by Him. By believing God won't give us more than we can handle, we are totally eliminating our need for Him."
  3. God alone can't satisfy me. (Phil 4:19, Psalm 90:14, Isaiah 58:11)
  4. My value lies in how I look. (Proverbs 3:15)
  5. My true happiness will only be fulfilled when I get married. (Matthew 5:6) ((getting married is one of my biggest dreams.))
  6.  God should fix my problems. (Phil 3:10-11, 2 Tim 3:12, Luke 14:27)
Some of those are pretty harsh but I being honest here. These are things I was struggling with and some I still struggle with.

This is a list of common lies a lot of people(girls) believe:

  1. You are not good enough.
  2. You must earn God's love.
  3. You are not beautiful.
  4. God is so far away.
  5. I can't overcome my sin.
  6. I am worthless.
  7. It's my life.
  8. God causes suffering.
  9. God is not good.
  10. I am alone.....the list goes on!


So, are you believing some lies? You may believe some lies and you don't even realize it. The Deceiver is very sneaky and cunning in his ways. He whispers lies at you everywhere you turn. BUT, did you know that you most likely have the most powerful weapon right under your nose? Yes, the Bible and God himself!
The Bible is our weapon. It is our sword!

Ephesians 6:11-17

" Put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. "

Hebrews 4:12

" For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than a double-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

If at any time you are believing a lie, doubting something or anytime at all, turn to the Bible.
In God's word, you will find the truth, you will find peace, satisfaction, and fulfillment. You will have the power to stand against the things the Satan throws at you and not be swayed by the winds of the world.


Now, do you want to fight the lies you believe? Aside from God's word, here are a few other things that might help:

Coffee & Bible Time's Uprooting Lies Planting Truth Journal and info
Lies Young Women Believe Book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss Wolgemuth
Lies Young Women Believe Blog

Uprooting Lies Planting Truth Journal Trailer


The main lie that I uprooted was the lie that God doesn't give us more than we can handle(in relation to trials). I am free from this lie and I have accepted that God allows trials to grow us and further His kingdom.
James 1:12-15 really opened my eyes and helped me too.

Make sure you check out Audrey's post and comment down below whether you are going to try this out and fight the lies you believe!

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. That's a wonderful post! I believe in some of these lies, unfortunately... We have to remember that God loves us, He's good. Also, all of us are beautiful because we were created by God. That's fantastic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yo so much! I enjoyed putting it together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist