things I'd like to do more


This list is going to include small things I have been inspired to do more of. I've been thinking lately of ways to get off my devices and do things, spend my time well and open up my creative mind again.
So here's what I want to do!


1. Watercolor painting
I tried some today I and really enjoyed it. I used Emma Block's book, The Joy of Watercolour, as my guide and her tutorial was so easy to follow. So, its definitely something I want to get into more! It's just so beautiful and therapeutic. Another thing is that I want to do merely for the pleasure of it, telling myself it doesn't have to be perfect.


2. Hand lettering
I started getting an interest in this about a year ago and for the past few months, I haven't really done in a practicing sense. I have seen a few of my favourite people on Instagram show their skill in hand lettering/calligraphy and it's inspired me to get better at it. I enjoy seeing pretty fonts and handwriting.


3. Spending more time in nature
I feel like I don't do this enough. In fact, I don't think that many of my generation don't do it enough!
I really want to find ways to get outdoors more. Like keeping a small herb garden outside, go for bush walks more, read outdoors, play with my siblings, and just enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.


4. Own more plants
I have two right now. A flowering one and a succulent. I love them both but the succulent is looking a bit weird(not neglected, just weird. It's leaning to one side and it really tall!) The flower one I have in my bathroom and currently is a little burst of pink in there. It smells faintly of spring and it reminds me of the friend who gave it to me when I look at it. It sort of reminds me how friendship grows!


5. Pray
On a more serious note, something I really crave to make a habit is prayer. It's something I struggle to keep in place but I want to be intentional about it. I want to at least open my bible reading with it and end my Bible reading with it to start.


6. Learn new hairstyles
In the past, I've always gotten annoyed at hair tutorials that say 'easy'. Because when I tried them I would stand in front of the mirror for ages wondering what magic spell they used in the tutorial to get in perfect. Now I've realized that if I want to get good results I should actually give them a chance and try them out over a period of time to get practiced at them. It would be nice to branch out from the ponytail!



What new things would you like to try? 
What is your favourite thing to do at the moment?

Comments

  1. These are ALL great. I definitely want to spend more time in nature myself. I am not an outdoorsy girl, but I think nature can be quite beautiful and I do like to walk and take pictures to capture that beauty.

    Also, tip for hairstyling: If videos aren't helping you, perhaps you'd learn better with a book or a blog post...

    Or sometimes you just have to look at something and think hard about it until you figure it out. --Lol, not the most efficient method, but that IS how I learned to French braid. My passion for doing hair went from there, and I often use pictures rather than tutorials because I think I learn best by simply doing. Maybe I'm just weird though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! It's Spring here and being in nature is oh so much more enjoyable in the sun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist