Girl Defined Book Review

Oh my goodness! This book! This book is amazing! I almost have no words for it but luckily I have enough to form a book review.
This year I wanted to read more Christian non-fiction and this book was high on my list.
It did not disappoint!




Back Cover Synopsis


"In a culture where airbrushed models and ultra-driven career women define beauty and success, it's no wonder we have a distorted view of femininity. Girl Defined offers a distinctly God-centered view of beauty, femininity, and self-worth. Based firmly in God's design for our lives, this book invites us on a liberating journey toward a radically better vision for femininity--one that ends with the kind of hope, purpose, and fulfillment we've been yearning for."


Everything! Honestly, this book was amazing and so helpful. It's hard to find the words to describe it. It really gave me a new perspective on godly femininity, which I am all for! Godly femininity the way these ladies go about it and uncover it is so beautiful and makes you really inspired. We, women, have a purpose and a great God who designed us different from men for a reason.
Here are a few quotes that I loved:
"Be the woman who inspires change in others through your obedience to God." -Girl Defined
"Love is an action, not a feeling." -Girl Defined
"The most successful women actively strive to merge their earthly work with their eternal value." 
-Girl Defined




It's a great book, girls! I had no problems with anything. They base their points on scripture and everything they have learned is from their experiences and the scriptures.

Here's a blurb from inside the book: "Girl Defined challenges girls to question 'normal' and think through what will ultimately bring them the most satisfaction in life." -Jessie Minassian, author of  Crushed, Unashamed and Backwards Beauty
There! Please read it now!

All women. All women of all ages. From like 14-99! Every woman, in every stage of life, should know what it means to be a woman.


I highly recommend this book, if you couldn't tell and I hope I have convinced you to go and pick it up.



xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. It's definitely one of the most amazing books I've ever read!!!
    It's currently sitting in my bookshelf - I finally bought it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! It's so good!

      Delete
  2. I really want to read this book! I've seen a few reviews of it now. I must just go ahead and buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter