September Favourites


Hello, Wildflowers!
Can you believe it is barely 3 months until the Christmas season will be on us? My family is going on holiday the week before Christmas so I'm looking forward to that. But in this post, I'm not talking about what is to come but what has past and a recap of the things I enjoyed this month.
So without further ado, here are my September Favourites!



Books

Kilmeny of the Orchard by L.M Montgomery
My sister and I listened to this as an audiobook and we really enjoyed it. It is a very sweet love story and beautifully written, with lovely springy descriptions. During the first chapter we weren't quite sure if we would carry on but after Chapter 2 we were hooked!
I definitely recommend this book for pretty much all ages. L. M Montgomery really had a talent.


The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson
Melanie Dickerson has made her way onto my list of favourite authors for sure. I have a review on my book blog for it so if you want to see my thoughts on it, it's here.



Music

This Beautiful Fantastic Soundtrack by Anne Nitkin ~ For a long time Spotify didn't have this soundtrack and I was disappointed by that. But then the other day I searched for it again and I found it. It has the perfect Springy tunes that remind me of all the lovely plants and flowers in the movie.
I have added some of the tracks to my Spring 2018 playlist.

Poldark Soundtrack ~ Of course! What more can I say? Demelza's songs are lovely and the theme song makes me excited.


Your Wings by Lauren Daigle ~ I saw a lot of people raving about this artist's new album so I listened to it and this song was one of the only ones I liked.
"You got me under your wings, under your wings". A nice song inspired by a lovely scripture!


Love Like This by Lauren Daigle ~ The other song that I  loved from Lauren Daigle's album, Look Up Child, was Love Like This.
"What have I done to deserve love like this?"



Movies

To be honest, I don't have an actual answer to this. You see pretty much all of this month the only thing we have watched was Poldark!
I am enjoying it though. I must also say that it takes a lot in a movie/TV series to make me cry but Poldark has brought me to tears multiple times!
Like when Caroline sees Dwight after Ross rescued him from France!
I couldn't find a picture of that particular scene but this one is just as sweet and beautiful!


Other bits and pieces

- Coffee & Bible Time's latest FREE printable, an In-Depth study on Romans 12:2 (Link here!)

- Snippets of spring: the sight of fluffy pink and white trees bursting out everywhere, daffies and other blooms sneaking out form their cozy holes in the soil to catch the sunlight and the sweet, light scented air.

- Putting flowers in my room. I had no idea how delightful it is to have fresh lovely flowers adorning a nook or cranny of one's room, but it is!

- Period dramas influencing my speech! Wait, is that a good thing? To be talking a bit like a 1700's gal? (Example: Trying to put 'ye' in a sentence and called your siblings 'brother' or 'sister'! Do you get my reference? ((Hint: Drake Carne!))



Anyway, dear wildflowers! I hope you enjoy this rambling, slightly too Poldark influenced post!


xoxo
Hannah
Awwww! They're soooo sweet, I might have a toothache!

Comments

  1. Aww that's adorable!! I know what you mean, though... when I was reading 'Pride and Prejudice' I noticed that I was speaking longer and more complicated sentences!! It's quite funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny! But I'm not ashamed of it! Our langauge these days lacks a lot of what those old days had. It almost had more meaning.

      Delete
    2. I agree! I noticed when i had read some of Melanie Dickerson's I started saying "I thank you"!!!!

      Delete
  2. I just recently discovered your blog, and it looks to be right up my alley! The layout is just beautiful.

    L.M. Montgomery truly was an incredible writer! So far I've only read the Anne of Green Gables series and Emily of New Moon, but I'm looking forward to reading her other novels. :)

    Period dramas influencing your speech is TOTALLY a good thing! ;) I know I talk like period drama characters quite a bit, but usually just around my family--they're the only ones who somewhat understand my references! ;P

    -Molly, aramblethroughthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lauren Daigles songs!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist