Dear Juliet...

To be honest, this is probably one of the movies I have seen the most and I'm going to tell you why in this post!
Every time I've seen this I loved it more and last night in bed while watching it for the 5th or 6th time, I couldn't stop smiling to myself as I watched the story unfold and Charlie make his funny comments on Sophie's ideas and behavior.
Anyway, without further ado, here are some of the reasons why I love this funny, romantic, summery movie.





Sophie and Charlie's love story
They have one of those funny love stories where they started off not liking each other but then seeing the other person for who they really are thus falling in love! I quite like this trope and it is quite entertaining and more realistic than intsa love. Sophie is a darling and Charlie, a good sort.
They find out that they actually have more in common than they thought too.



Charlie's lines
This is a perfect example! He just says the best, funniest, slightly annoying and romantic things!
You have to watch it to understand but trust me went you do, you'll be giggling at his lines and come to like him a lot for it.



Claire and Sophie
Claire is a lovely lady and her relationship with Sophie becomes very sweet. She reminds me a little bit of my own Nonna(grandmother ♥).
Claire is kind, caring and motherly to both Charlie(her grandson) and Sophie.



The Ice cream Scene

It's just cute, okay! Especially when he does it back!



The lovely, summery feel


It's set in Italy so of course, it gives all the summery(and Italian) feels. Sunshine, fields of grape vines, cobblestone streets, gelato, flowery window boxes and of course, balconies entangled with vines!


Clean content
Aside for a few comments that might be better left out, this is a very clean chick flick and I do appreciate that.
Of course, there are some kisses....and I will get to that in a minute!



The ending...the kiss!
Who doesn't love a happy ending? Or a funny ending? After a misunderstanding, they work things out while Sophie is up on a balcony, of course!



Overall, this is a nice movie and I recommend it to all of you who like this sort of thing!
As girls, I think movies like this are our one weakness(got the reference?)!



Hope you are having a wonderful day!

xoxo
Hannah


Comments

  1. I think I have watched this one! Love that ice cream GIF! :)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Mamma Mia! before? If you like this movie, I can see you enjoying that one. They are kind of similar in that cheesy chick flick way, but, of course, MM is a musical which a ton of big name actors who vary greatly by singing ability. ;) (And MM is set in Greece, not Italy, but still has that Mediterranean summer love.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I have not seen it. Sounds similar to My Big Fat Greek Wedding(another funny one that I 've enjoyed).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist