October Favourites


What a wonderful month this has been! Spring in full swing and the promise of summer in the breeze.
And while the springy things grow, I have been doing some growing too.
This month flew by and I find it hard to believe Christmas is just around the corner! But for now, I'm going to chat a bit about my favourite for the month of October.




Books


Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Payson Prentiss
I read this as an audiobook and I really enjoyed it. The narrator did a great job and the story was sooo good.
Each chapter is made up of diary entries by our leading lady, Katherine(Katie). The whole book covers her journey to Godliness and her experience walking the Christian life. It's very good and I highly recommend it. My favourite chapters were Chapters 21 & 23. They just stood out to me the most.
Now please go and read it!





Music
Got lots of music faves this month!


Sovereign Over Us by Shane & Shane ~ This was one of the song I discovered at a youth retreat I attended this month. I love these lyrics sooo much and it just speaks to me.

Control (Somehow You Want Me) by Tenth Avenue North ~ This song is soo good too. I also heard about it from the retreat. The words are just sooo good and touched my heart.

Your Hands (Annie LeBlanc Cover) by JJ Heller ~ Don't tell JJ, but I actually like Annie's cover of her song better than the original. Annie has a very nice voice. I'll leave her video below!

Perfect by Ed Sheeran ~ I never thought I would like and Ed Sheeran song as much I love this one. I listened to it nearly 7 times in a row just after I heard it for the first time.
I love the original version but the one with Andrea Bocelli(a favourite singer of my Nonna) is beautiful too. I'll put the Ed Sheeran/Andrea Bocelli here for you to hear!




Movies

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers {1954}
After hearing a lot about this movie recently, I decided we should finally watch it. Guys, let me tell you that this movie is really good! It's funny, it's a musical, it's old and it's clean. I loved it and we have already seen it twice! It's great for the whole family and I highly recommend you watch it as soon as possible.


A Walk to Remember {2002}
This movie made me cry and that doesn't happen very often so I had to include it here. In the beginning, I wasn't so sure if it would be good or if Id' like it. But as I kept watching I liked it more and more and then there was a big plot twist that I was NOT expecting! There were somethings that would have been better not being in it but the story is so lovely I overlook that.




Other bits & pieces


-Ti Ora Tea! This is a New Zealand line of teas and they are really delicious. One of my particular favourites is the Cinnamon Chai Tea with Horopito.

-Accepting Chivalry video
I like the points she makes in this video and I think it is a little challenge for us girlies.



Thus ends October, leaving barely two months till the happy Christmas season!
Have a great November, whether you be snuggled up inside drinking too much pumpkin spice latte(as y'all seem to do over in the States!) or enjoying every bit of summer sun on this side of the world!

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. I'm loving the summer sun! I really want to read Stepping Heavenward now. My sister has it but I've never read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to be heading into summer!! I am missing it already. ;(

    Oh, Ed Sheeran. He has some great songs here and there that just make you wanna listen on repeat. My most recent one of those is his & Tori Kelly's song "I Was Made For Loving You". It's SO sweet. <3

    By the way, I tagged you in my most recent post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'll have to check it out!
      (Both the song and your post!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist