NOEL, NOEL // Christmas Faves Part 1


Guys! It's that time of year again!
Christmas time is my absolute favourite time of year. I love it even more than my birthday because the whole world acknowledges it. You see the festive decorations everywhere, everyone gets gifts(not just the person whose birthday it is) and it's a lovely, happy time together with people you love.

In honour of the Christmas season, I want to post some Christmas cheer on my blog during this month.
Today's post it Part 1 of 2 posts about some of my Christmassy favourites. From music to movies, books and Pinteresty Christmas aesthetic.
By the way, all the photos in this post are my own unless stated otherwise!


First off, this November/December, I have discovered some new and wonderful Christmas songs that I love. Here's my top 4!

Top 4 Fav Christmas songs this year:

1. Light of the World by Lauren Daigle - Makes my heart want to cry out in worship!

2. Unto Us by JJ Heller - Beautiful, soothing song!

3. O Tannenbaum by Andrea Bocelli - A lovely song sung by a great voice.

4. O Holy Night by Lauren Daigle - I adore this carol and Lauren's voice is so, so good singing it!




If you're anything like me, you love to be fully immersed into EVERYTHING Christmas, and of course, that includes movies!
Besides the cliche', slightly cheesy, but also decent Hallmark Christmas movies(that I do normally enjoy to some degree) I have some others that you may not have heard about to recommend.

I'll include a small list right here!



As for Christmas books, I actually haven't read many of those so I do not have any to recommend or fangirl about! One that I did read last year and loved was The Shoe Box by Francine Rivers.
It is a beautiful and sweet story that you should totally check out this season!
This is the short story of a little boy named Timmy whose only valued possession is a shoe box. His foster parents, a young Christian couple, are of course curious about this 6-year-old's mysterious box. What could be inside?
The Christmas pageant finale is a true heart warmer for all believers.
The Shoe Box on Goodreads



If you asked me what my favourite thing about Christmas was, I would not be able to give a straight answer because I seriously love everything about it! I will try to condense a small list of my main highlights of the event though.

• The family gathers all together and enjoys a sweet time of fellowship and sharing.
• ALL. THE. YUMMY. FOOD.
• Gift exchanging time! I generally make gifts for everybody but this year we drew names out of a hat I have my mum to shop for.
• Christmas music is THE BEST and I strictly forbid myself or anyone in the house to listen to it at any other time of the year. This year I officially started on Nov 1st!


I find it funny how even though Christmas falls in our Summertime, we still have frosty and wintery decorations and listen to "Winter Wonderland"(and other snowy songs)!


And that is all for Part 1 of my Christmas favourites/chat/lists!
What food is your fave around Christmas time?



P.S. I will be sharing some Christmas wallpapers of my photography with Christmas quotes, lyrics or Bible verses on my Instagram (@joy_and_wildflowers) so make sure you follow!

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. I ADORE Christmas so much! Right now I'm jamming to The Call of Christmas from Zach Williams and working in a cafe with snow falling outside and a fireplace and hot chocolate -- Christmas is in the air. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I've actually been brainstorming one similar to it for my blog 😂

    I'm actually having a group of friends over to watch Signed, Sealed, Delivered this weekend. I love that series!!!

    Where do you live? Australia? And hahah that's funny you still listen to winter stuff 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it inspired an idea! I live in New Zealand actually!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I tagged you over on my blog at gratefullygods.blogspot.com to do a Christmas tag, because I know how much you love doing tags :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you twice actually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist