My Favourite Thrift Finds

via Unsplash

Hello darlings!

I have been thrifting for a wee while now and have accumulated a "collection" if you will of thrifted items.

Thrifting can be a hit or miss thing. You may find a treasure or something that is simply had it's days.
It is a great way to save money, as you can find things that would have cost a lot but at the thrift shop, you can find it for a few dollars.

Here I am going to share the things that I have bought from thrift shops!

• • • •

Let's start with the category I score in most often. Room decor.
I love decorating my space. I love making it my own and making it a cosy happy place for myself (and others! My Nonna found it a lovely, uplifting place to be when she stayed at our house around New Years and I let her stay in my room).
The most affordable way to decorate is by going thrifting and finding cheap but often good, unique pieces.


First of all, this pressed flower wall art. Even though the flowers are faded and yellowed I still think it a beautiful little piece of wall art. The frame was originally brown wood (Rimu wood, I think) but I decided to freshen it up with some pale blue-grey chalk paint and I love it even more now!


I just love this Audrey Hepburn wall art! Again, I touched it up with some chalk paint, it used to be green! I think this grey around her is much more fitting to her style! I believe the picture is from the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's (which I have not seen), that Audrey Hepburn starred in.


This basket rubbish bin serves both practical uses and looks nice! When I got it, it was a bit grimy and dusty. But wasn't anything a quick spray with the hose and a vacuum couldn't fix!
Then to go an extra mile, I got out some colourful wool and stitched those little blocks of colour around it. I think it looks very cute now!


Another practical yet lovely piece! My Mum spotted this mirror and we went back another day--luckily it was still there--and claimed it!
It suits me and my taste very well I a love that I can do my hair, add my jewellery and such in front of the pretty mirror. It was also the perfect place to drape my fairy lights on.


In between room decor and clothing, this bag is one of the most used things that I've scored at the thrift shop.
It feels like decent quality. It is a cross body bag which I love and best of all, it can fit a book inside!


Now for the clothing part of this post!


I am so glad that my Mum told me to get this jacket!
At the time I had been seeing these cargo/utility jackets all around Pinterest and so I was on the lookout for one at the thrift shop. I tried this one on and wasn't sure about the fit, but my Mum said I looked great and so I took it home. Now I love it and it is so easy to throw on pretty much any outfit!


I am a bit sad that I don't get an occasion to wear this dress more often. So far I think I have only worn it once, to a wedding.
I scored this dress, that is in brilliant condition for...wait for it...$1.50!!! Crazy, I know.  I feel really nice and confident in it and I love the floral print.

I apologize for the wrinkles! I promise it looks good on, just not laid out on my bed!
Turtlenecks are a must-have for winter! This one is perfect for the icy cold days because though it is a thinner knit, it is made of merino (I believe) and the neck is quite high.
The camel colour is a nice neutral basic to have in my wardrobe and I look forward to getting lots of wear out of it in these colder months.


This denim skirt has become such a staple in my wardrobe and I wear it at least once a week!
There's not much more to say than that, I love it and it's a good piece to have.


That's all of my top favourite thrift finds. Talking about these things has now made get the thrifting itch!

Keep on blooming,

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. Hi my darling! I love your finds, the mirror is wonderful and good match to your room decor. Yes, I sure loved my week in your cosy and looking at all the interesting decorations. Great idea with the basket decor too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did to the basket rubbish bin! it looks very nice with the wool sewed into it๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter