A Little Chat about Classic novels

Pinterest
Classics. The books that are written in days gone by, by people who lived in a world very different from our and yet a lot the same. Books that many of us hold dear and fondly remember reading them.
Classic books are books written with a real talent for the use of words and the writers' love of words and writing them, poured out over the pages.


Now I have a little confession to make. I have not actually read many classic novels.
But in this post, I will explain why I intend to make myself read them more often.


You see something I think that some of the more modern books lack are good writing, depth and genuine talent in the wonderful art of storytelling.

I am not saying that all modern books are badly written, in fact, most of my reading material is written in more recent years and there are some very good writers around.

Pinterest

I was thinking about this the other day and I decided that I was going to challenge my brain. The old classics are written in a way that may sometimes be a little difficult to comprehend, but this means your mind is working harder. You are putting it to work and that is healthy.

So a few of the books on my old, classic, brain exercising book list are:

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson

Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier


There are also many great benefits to reading classic literature.

They will make you smarter, improve your vocabulary, and you'll get insight into history and culture from a writer who lived during those times. You'll understand history better as well.

Pinterest

These old writings could be thought-provoking as a lot of writers tried to get a certain point or idea across to you through their work of fiction.

Like I mentioned before, reading these books is a challenge. Challenges are good for your mind.

A study also shows that reading classic literature improves your social skills.
And these are only a few of the benefits!


So take this as a challenge and get ready to explore the wonderful world of classic lit with me!
Of course, I will try and post more reviews of books and give you my thoughts on the classic that I read.

Tell me some classics that are on your reading list!


xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. Ohhh classic lit is my jam! I adore Sherlock Holmes, A Tale of Two Cities, Jane Eyre, Daddy Long Legs, and so many more! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter