My favourite hymns


I feel like the younger generation has lost its admiration for these old songs, what with more modern music being produced by artists like Chris Tomlin, Hillsong and Lauren Daigle.

I enjoy listening to some of these modern worship songs, but they don't have as much depth as the hymns of old that tell of tested faith, God's faithfulness and His love.

The people who wrote these hymns wrote from life experiences and so these hymns are comforting in uncertain times. They remind us who God is and what He has done.


So here is a list of my personal favourite hymns in no particular order whatsoever!
And I'll include a favourite line or verse from each song.

• • • •

1. Wonderful, Merciful Saviour
via Pinterest
Okay, maybe this one is at the top because it is one of my top favourite hymns. 

"Counselor, Comforter, Keeper
Spirit we long to embrace
You offer hope when our hearts have
Hopelessly lost our way
Oh, we've hopelessly lost the way"


2. Be Thou My Vision
via Pinterest
I adore this hymn! It makes a beautiful prayer of the heart and soul. My parents, auntie, and friend all had it sung at their weddings and I think I want it at mine too!

"Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise
Thou mine inheritance, now and always
Thou and thou only, first in my heart
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art"


3. Abide with Me
via Pinterest
Another really good one! My favourite version is sung by Audrey Assad and her lovely voice.

"Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies
Heaven's morning breaks, and the earth's vain shadows flee
In life, in death, o Lord, abide with me.
Abide with me, abide with me"


4. Come Thou Fount
via Pinterest
I love it and that that is all I have to say! The words also make a great prayer to pray.

"Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh, take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above" 



5. Christ the Lord is Risen Today

It is all wonderful, triumphant and joyful so I don't have a favourite line!


• • • •

What is your favourite hymn?


xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. I love Be Thou My Vision! It's so funny, because I just posted a post about songs too! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist