5 Things You Won't Find in my Wardrobe

via Unsplash
Hello darlings!

I have shown you a bit of what is in my wardrobe, but the other night I was thinking and I figured it might be fun to tell you bit about the things you won't find in my wardrobe.

These will be things that I don't buy, don't like to wear or aren't part of my personal style. I am not saying that I think you shouldn't wear or own any of these items. These are just my personal preferences!

Without further ado, let's go!

• • • •


1. Tank tops
Okay, so this one has a slight exception. Personally, I am okay with tank tops that have wider straps, but not ones with super thin 'sleeves', spaghetti straps or a neckline that shows cleavage. I still don't actually own any but if I was to find one I liked with wider straps, then I might consider buying it.
Here is an example of the kind of tank that I would wear.

2. Leather pieces
Things like leather jackets, faux leather leggings or skirts, don't fit in with my more floral, feminine style.
I believe that wearing leggings on their own isn't a modest choice and I think that the faux leather leggings/pants are ugly.



3. Animal print
Like I said before, I like floral and feminine styles and animal prints just don't appeal to me. I'm not saying that animal print can't be worn in a feminine way. It's just that I don't particularly have a thing for it.
Animal print styled in a feminine way!


4. Tight fitting pieces or loose & baggy clothes
Because modesty is a big part of my fashion choices, I don't go for body hugging pieces.
On the other side of the spectrum, I also don't wear loose/oversized clothing as seems the trend at the moment.
I like to be somewhere in the middle. I like clothing the fits properly, flatters my feminine features but is also comfortable. I never feel nice in oversized or looser fitting pieces.



5. Mini skirts
This goes along my modesty guidelines and also just personal preference. I don't like, nor do I believe it's right to have so much of your legs showing.
I wouldn't be comfortable wearing a mini skirt or really any skirt that goes above my knee.
Knee-length or longer skirts are what I love to wear and what I feel the best in!



Tell me, are you the same with these preferences?
What do you not have in your wardrobe?


keep blooming!

xo, Hannah

Comments

  1. This was a fun post!
    What do I NOT have in my wardrobe?! Oh my...let me think...animal prints for sure just because I tend to dress with less pattern and basically I am not that much of a diva haha. I also don't have any pink or purple and definitely no glitter or sparkles.
    I like to wear girly clothes but my style tends to lean more towards the less flashy, less obviously girly clothes out there if that makes sense. I wear cut-offs, over sized sweatshirts, fun sweaters and flannels, converse, and a little vintage thrown in for good measure. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it!
      It's so interesting how everybody has different tastes!

      Delete
  2. Great idea for a post! :)
    I don't really like tank tops with super thin 'sleeves', too - I feel so uncomfortable wearing them. Same with deep necklines, I hate them. But I love mini skirts, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it! I to feel uncomfortable in 'skimpy' tanks.

      Delete
  3. Well, here’s a comment from your 69 year old Nonna :). As you know, I do have a leather jacket and wear it quite often in mid season time. It’s black and goes with everything. No tank tops for me for same reason and also with my wrinkly arms I prefer to keep the upper arms covered a bit. Animal prints is also a no no as well as mini skirts, at my age anyhow. Just for the fun of it, you younger girls: I used to wear what was called hot pants when I was 20. They were burgundy velvet and really pretty short shorts one wore with tights. I enjoyed ‘shocking the nuns that ran the School for Social Work and where I also was a boarder. I was not a believing Christian then! Keep to the modesty, young ladies and I love how you dress Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have wonderful fashion sense Nonna! I must have inherited that from you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter