August Favourites


Hello darlings!

This month has flown by for me.
On the 3rd of August I turned sixteen and it still feels like only yesterday. Even though I am know sixteen, I still tell some people that I'm fifteen by mistake!

As usual I have some of my favourite things to share with you. I honestly love doing these posts and its a way to track my favourite things through the years.

Let's get started!



BOOKS

Like last month, I only completed 4 books in the month of August. But I am content with that, and happy with the ones I did read.
• Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
• These Happy Golden Years by Laura Ingalls Wilder
• Weddings, Willows and Revised Expectations by V. Joy Palmer (Review here)
• Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis


This book might be small, but it makes for a quick read and one that will change the way you think about the way you do your Bible study! So this book instantly jumped right up on my favourite books of the month list. I'll leave my Goodreads review linked here.



I am going to be writing a whole post just about my favourite quotes from this book, but just to get it out there, this book is so good!
I highly recommend you read it, if you haven't already. I wish I had read it sooner. But I also think I read it at just the right time. My Goodreads review is right here.


MUSIC & PODCASTS

I did listen to some more things this month than I did in July!

• Come Ye Sinners, Poor & Needy by Fernando Ortega
This is one of those older hymns and I just love the lyrics! They have so much depth and meaning.

• Nothing to Fear by The Porter's Gate ft. Audrey Assad
I love Audrey Assad's voice! It is so lovely and calming. Nothing to fear is a simple song about a simple truth that we often forget, there is nothing to fear for the Lord is with us!

The Right Kind of Strong ~ Revive Our Hearts
I haven't yet finished this series but it is so, so good! Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and two other women share how we as Christian women can be strong but in a Christ-like way. I highly recommend that you listen to this series!



MOVIES

Jeeves & Wooster {1990}


We started watching this series a few days ago and my whole family thinks it's hilarious! Set in the 30's, it is about Bertie Wooster and his butler/valet Jeeves and their 'adventures'. I just love it and the theme music is great too.



FASHION & BEAUTY

• Argan oil for your hair. It is great! I use it in my damp hair after a shower and it defines my curls, reduces frizz and makes my hair a lot softer! You only need a few drops so one little bottle should last a while too!

• Bow stud earrings
My sister got me these earrings as a birthday gift and I have worn them so much this month. I think they are just so cute!


That's all I have for you today!
Tell me what your favourite find of the month was in the comments below!


keep blooming,

Hannah


Comments

  1. i love these kind of posts! Kisses from Katie is such a wonderful book, i just started rereading it as an audiobook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! I will definitely be rereading it again sometime.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you enjoy Bertie and Jeeves! Laughing about them helped me a lot when I first got the series after my big relapse 5 years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

The Magic of Ordinary Days Book Review

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist