gratitude not mindfulness

via Unsplash

Hello darlings!

As I was taking my dog Molly for a walk today and breathing in the fresh air, I was struck with a thought.
A thought that I will now share with you.

In the past couple of years, one of the popular practices that many people have begun implementing into their lives is mindfulness.
I'm sure you've heard that word before, in a self-help book, on the Internet, or on the cover of a colouring book.

(This article has some great point on mindfulness and self-care! I got some of the inspiration for this post from it and it explains both from a Biblical perspective.)


In on YouTube video I saw once, a lady was suggesting the practice of mindfulness as a healthy habit and demonstrating an exercise for mindfulness were you take note of your surroundings carefully and meditatively. "Notice 5 things you can see, 4 things you can smell" etc.

I remembered this when I was out walking today because I was enjoying the fresh air and the way it smelt.
Then I thought how instead of tuning into your surroundings, practising mindfulness and self-care, we should be pouring out gratitude to God for all the small and beautiful things he gifts us daily.

I love to take a step back and notice all the beautiful things in life(especially nature)that sing the praises of God.
I love to think about how the air smells during different times of day, how the sky looks, beautiful flowers, the seasons and appreciate how lovely they are.

But instead of simply being mindful of these things or meditating about them, we should praise the Lord and be thankful that God created all things beautifully and for His glory.

Take a moment today to look at the things around you, count your blessings and cultivate a heart of gratitude!


I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. ~ Psalm 9:1


O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. ~ Psalm 104:24


keep blooming,

xo, Hannah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter