July Favourites & Wrap-up

via Unsplash

Hello darlings!

We're over halfway through the year. Next month is my birthday month and I am excited about the upcoming celebrations.

This Winter has been very mild and there are even early Spring flowers popping up everywhere!
I just realised that I have only posted several this month! I'm not happy about that but that's just life sometimes, it gets busy.
So here we are to recap what my favourite discoveries where for the month of July!


BOOKS

This month I read a total of four books, much less than last month but I enjoyed them all very much.
• A Time to Cherish (Christy #10) by Robin Jones Gunn
• Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar
• Love, Lace and Minor Alterations by V. Joy Palmer
• Catching Contentment: How to be Holy Satisfied by Liz Carter (nearly finished)


I have to say that all of these book make it into my favourite reads of the month list! Land of Silence was my second Biblical fiction read ever and my first Tessa Afshar book. It did not fail to impress and I look forward to reading more by Tessa. I even completed it in only a week! You can read my full review on Goodreads.


As for Love, Lace and Minor Alterations, I loved it so much! Vanessa's writing is fun, quirky and will have you smirking, smiling and even giggling to yourself while you read it. I can't wait to dive in to her second book that released earlier this year, Weddings, Willows and Revised Expectations.



MUSIC & PODCASTS

I didn't actually listen to much music this month but I did listen to a couple of great podcasts.

• Compassion is Kindled ~ Revive Our Hearts podcast episode
I really enjoyed listening to this episode and I can't wait to hear the next part in the series today!





MOVIES

Unbroken : Path to Redemption {2018}


I thought this movie was really very good. It is all about Louis Zamperini's story of how he recovered and found redemption in Christ after he returned to America from being in a Japanese prison camp.
This movie was wonderfully done and truly inspiring to watch.
I also can't help but mention that the over all setting in the late 1940s had it's charms and Cynthia's wardrobe was quite adorable!


Five Feet Apart {2019}


Disclaimer: There is some content in here I do disagree with and some comments (in regards to sex) that should have been left out. One of the other patients with cystic fibrosis is also gay but nothing is shown.
But otherwise it is an interesting story and a real tearjerker! There are some sweet moments between Stella and Will that you can't help but love. The whole cystic fibrosis thing is so sad to see. When you see people like these characters who are sick for life (most of the time), it really makes you appreciate you own good health.




FASHION & BEAUTY

• Scrunchies
I actually only wore one once this month but I loved how it looked and I would love to get a few more to play around with!


Did you do anything exciting this month?
What are your goals for the month of August?


keep blooming!

xo, Hannah


Comments

  1. I've been wanting to see Path to Redemption for awhile now!
    My goals for August are to spend time with my fam, go to a concert, and write at least half of my WIP. We'll see what happens... <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally watch it,it is really good!
      And yay for your WIP, I'm looking forward to reading that one!

      Delete
  2. Happy early birthday! ;D I'd like to watch 'Five Feet Apart' but firstly I try to fish the book in the library haha, I always prefer to read the book before watching the movie. I love scrunchies, too! They look great on a wrist and on hair. Have an amazing August <3
    Ann xx
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your birthday wishes! I wish I was better at reading the book before I watch the movie.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist