September Favourites


Hello darlings!

I hope this post finds you well! I am very happy that it is finally Spring, although there is still a slight Winter chill in the air, it smells like Spring.

This month my family was sick for a good few weeks with a nasty flu, but thankfully it is behind us now.
Aside from that, in September, I enjoyed starting to wear t-shirts, going out in the sunshine and watching the Spring blossoms bloom on the trees, especially the magnolia trees. They are particularly lovely!

Those are some of my favourite things about Spring but now I am here to share with you the other things that became favourites this month.




BOOKS

Sadly this month was not a good reading month for me. I read only two books, though I hope to finish a third by the 30th.
• Kind is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously by Candace Cameron Bure
• Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin

I enjoyed both of these and you can find my reviews/thoughts & ratings of the books here and here.
Currently, I am also reading A Light On the Hill by Connilyn Cossette with the Biblical Fiction Buffs , which a Biblical fiction centred book club.



MUSIC & PODCASTS

• My Electronic Chill playlist on Spotify
I created this recently and enjoy listening to it while doing something like sewing or painting.

• My Girl by The Temptations
I first heard this song in Father of the Bride, which we watched for the 3rd or 4th time this month. It is played during a sweet scene where Mr Banks and his soon-to-be-wed daughter Annie shoot some hoops and it just gives me the happy vibes that the movie has.

• Rend Collective
A friend on Instagram (@joy_and_wildflowers) told me about this band and I have been enjoying some of their songs this past week. In particular Nailed to the Cross, Yahweh, Counting Every Blessing-Ukulele Session, and True North.
I love the vibe of their music, it seems to have a hint of folk/country and makes me want to drive out to the mountains!

• Episode 7 & 8 of The Right Kind of Strong by Revive Our Hearts
Episode 7, Stand Your Ground and Episode 8, Admit Your Need were the last two parts to the series I've been going through lately.
The whole series is great and I recommended it last month but these last two were really good.



MOVIES

I haven't got any for this month!
My family is having an Aladdin/Middle Eastern movie night tonight, I'll let you know what I think next month.






FASHION & BEAUTY

• My new haircut/fringe!
I love how a fringe frames your face and make most hairstyles look even better!



Happy Spring everyone! Or Happy Autumn/Fall if you're on the other side of the world!

What was your favourite/most listened to song or music from this month?


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. Ahh, we need to watch Fathet of the Bride again!!! I haven't watched it for a while... but funny, just the other day my sister was saying how we should watch it again! :)

    I like your new haircut!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist