a little list of my favourite Psalms


Hello darlings!

Throughout the Bible, we see true stories of faith, God using people to carry out His plan and many of the human struggles. We can relate to the struggles of many of the famous Biblical characters, but to me the most human and relatable book of the Bible is Psalms.
David poured out his heart in the Psalms. His joy, sadness, grief, anger, depression, hope, gladness, the lot!

I love going back to the Psalms to read and meditate over them. Over the years a few have stuck out to me and remain some of my favourites and I am going to share them with you now.



~Psalm 139~
If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; 
even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(v.9-10)

Psalm 139 is so beautiful in my eyes! The language used is quite poetic, as you can see from these two verses. I just love it so much!




~Psalm 119~
Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. 
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
(v.2 & 11)

I know what you're thinking! The longest Psalm? 
Yes, I really love this Psalm. One day I read the whole thing through twice and it didn't take me as long as I expected. I love how it speaks of the importance of God's word and how we should study and delight in it.




~Psalm 34~
I sought the Lord, and he heard me and delivered me from all my fears.
They looked unto Him and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
(v.4-5)

Again, I just love this Psalm and always associate these two verses especially with sunsets!
This psalm praises the Lord and gives hope to someone who is feeling low.





~Psalm 63~
Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 
Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
(v.3-4)

I 'fell in love' with this psalm when I studied it along with a study video from Coffee & Bible Time on YouTube. It has since then been a favourite and I have memorized verse 3.





~Psalm 1~
But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
(v.2)

My favourite thing about this psalm is the parallel between the righteous and the unrighteous. I love that the Bible gives us an example of both so we know not only what not to do, but what to do.



I hope this inspired you and uplifted you. Let me know your favourite Psalms in the comments!


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I love the Psalms so much! When I was in probably 5th grade I was part of an online Bible club and we all went through the book together. It gave me a fresh perspective at even such a young age -- a love that I continue to carry. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! It's so cool to connect with other believers over the Bible and through the internet.

      Delete
  2. those are great Hannah!!!! I love all those Psalms, in fact I like sooo many, the Psalms is my favourite book in the Bible! I really love how relatable David is in the Psalms, it makes it so much more , I don't know, real? So its great. Psalm 139 is actually my absolute favourite, and I love that one that you put in from it, it reminds me that God is ALWAYS with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that about Psalm 139-God is always with us!

      Delete
  3. I have just digressed from my usual routine of reading 1 OT book, then 1 NT book and 5 Psalms on Sunday to just read the Psalms. With the things that have gone on recently (you know what I refer to), I needed their promises and comfort. I love that they show all the emotions we go through and we can bring everything before the Lord, just as David and the other writers did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter