One Scrunchie, Five Ways to Wear It


Hello darlings!

I'm not one for following all the latest trends, but one, in particular, I have found myself completely taken by. I am of course talking about scrunchies!

I jumped on the trend of wearing scrunchies a few months ago and I have been loving them and growing my collection.
So far I have four, all in different floral fabrics. Some plain colours are next on my wishlist!

In today's post, I thought would show you a few of my favourite ways to wear a scrunchie featuring a pretty scrunchie I received for my birthday this year (thanks again Annie!).



1. Looped Half Up (Inspo from trusty Pinterest)

I saw a photo of this hairstyle on Pinterest and it is fast becoming one of my go-to hairstyles.
The scrunchie just makes it look cuter and more put together as it is quite a casual hairstyle.
On this day we had a sudden cold snap and I had to pull out a winter jersey again. I love this jersey though so I didn't mind!




2. Twisted Side Bun (tutorial for the twist part on YouTube)

The twisted part of this hairstyle isn't very defined in this one that I did, but it is the best part of the whole look in my opinion (besides the scrunchie)!
I learnt how to do the simple twist in the YouTube tutorial linked above and when I tried incorporating it into a cute little side bun I loved the results!
This is a perfectly cute and feminine style great for every day or for a special event.



3. Boho Side Braid

This is probably quite an obvious use of a scrunchie but I think is it great because the scrunchie hides the hair tie. Scrunchie to the rescue yet again to make the whole look much cuter!
To complete the boho look of the hairstyle, don't forget to loosen the braid and put out some hair from around your face.




4. Simple Ponytail (but made better with a scrunchie!)

I decided I should probably wear a different colour top for this photo! A very self-explanatory way of wearing a scrunchie, but it's a simple way to jazz up an otherwise plain ponytail.
You can have fun with different scrunchies too!




5. 'DJ Tanner' Style Half Up (kind of like this)

I'm not sure where I got the actual idea for this hairstyle, but I found myself doing it at least once a week in the last few months.
It reminds me of DJ Tanner's hair from Full House! I like it because it feels fun and it has a slight 80's vibe (which isn't usually my style but this is quite a subtle way of wearing it).
I love how it looks with a scrunchie aswell!


I know it looks as if I only wear three tops, but these pictures were taken over a couple of weeks so I promise you I don't wear these things all the time!
Do you like the scrunchie trend? Which of these hairstyles are you going to try?


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I love all these styles! And scrunchies are da best!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them, hopefully you'll try them out too!

      Delete
  2. Very cool, Hanni!! (And you're welcome :))
    I don't have a scrunchie yet, but when I do acquire one, I'd love to try all of these hairstyles!! I love how they're so simple yet so elegant! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find one soon! I'm having fun expanding my little collection.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter