October Favourites


Hello darlings!

October has just flown by, hasn't it? I had a pretty good month for me and I've enjoyed the warmer weather!

Yesterday we went to the garden centre and got a lot of vegetable seedlings for our veggie garden. I also picked up some flowers for my cut flower garden and an adorable succulent. I'm looking forward to getting out into the sunshine to plant them.

I have a few things to share with you that I discovered this month.
Continue reading for my October favourites!



BOOKS

My reading has not been going well in the last few months. This month I only read three.
• Through the Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot
• Muck & Magic by Michael Morpurgo
• The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel

Though I enjoyed all of these books, my favourite has to be The Secrets of Paper and Ink.
Look out for my review next week!



MUSIC & PODCASTS

• Always Gonna Be by Selah
This song came up on my Spotify suggestions and I am SO glad I listened to it. It has a country vibe to it and feels like the perfect summer song. I love the hope-filled lyrics too.

• Loving My Jesus by Casting Crowns
Another one that popped up in my Spotify suggestions and I love it. The message is one that is so true for me, that all the ones I love will love my Jesus and come to know Him.

• Dancing Again (Acoustic) by Whitney Lusk
This is just a sweet love song that I fell in love with and have had floating around my head this month.

• Behold Our God by Sovereign Grace Music
This was one of the songs we sang a lot at a camp I went to at the beginning of this month and it quickly became a new favourite. I love how it portrays God as the King of the universe and someone who is worthy of our worship and praise.



MOVIES

Tolkein {2019}


As we were watching this, my Mum turned to me and said: "This is going to be one of your new favourites, isn't it?"
I can't say she was wrong! I did rather enjoy this film.
Films about writers are often appealing to me because they involve books, reading and all that good stuff that we readers enjoy.
All the actors & actresses were great, and the main actor (for Tolkien) actually looked a lot like someone I know!
I definitely recommend it to those who love Tolkiens books, period dramas, or films about writers!


Call the Midwife S7 {2018}


This month my family watched Seasons 7 and 8 of Call the Midwife and out of the two, I think S7 was my favourite.
I might have to do a recap of my thought on these two seasons...




FASHION & BEAUTY

• Khaki t-shirt

I thrifted this simple t-shirt this month. Even though it is plain, it was something on my wishlist and I just love the colour.



What were some of your favourite form this month? I'd love to know!


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I really like that song you shared!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Tolkein too this month and it was so so good !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fact: I use to go to Sovereign Grace church before they actually brought their music into the world so it's weird to see people loving it. XD Anyway, lovely post. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting! Glad you enjoyed this post!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

She is called Daughter