Thrifting my Spring/Summer Wardrobe


Hello darlings!

I've seen this idea around on YouTube recently, where you go to the thrift shop & try to thrift for your seasonal wardrobe from Pinterest.
All the videos I have seen have been for the Autumn season so I thought I try doing this for my Spring/Summer wardrobe.
In this post, I'll share some pins form my Spring & Summer wardrobe boards that I'm going to try and find at the thrift shop and include my haul at the end (providing I find some goodies!).


Wishlist

• white top, t-shirt or blouse
• maxi or knee-length skirts
• denim jacket
• neutral colours, pinks, blues and maybe red
• casual summer dress
• t-shirts, possibly graphic tees
I'd also have a look at knitwear and shirts just to see if I can find anything there.

Pinterest Inspiration



The Haul

I did not find everything that was on my list, but that's just how it is sometimes with thrifting.
But I'm super excited about what I did find!


First, I managed to find a cute & casual summer dress.
I have been eying up the whole lemon print thing for a while now and I am so delighted to have this fun summery piece in my wardrobe.
The buttons are such a cute little detail and I also just love the fit of it, it is the perfect length, sitting just at the knee.
I plan to style this with a plain white t-shirt underneath, some sandals and my go-to gold hoops!



When I saw this jumpsuit on the rack, I decided to try it on just so I could see if I liked the whole jumpsuit trend at the moment.
I tried it on, it fit perfectly and I kinda loved how it looked. (After two days of wearing it now, it is safe to say I absolutely love it!)
I love the colour, the buttons, how comfy it is and best of all the pockets that are so deep that I can fit a small book into them(if one would ever wish to carry a book in one's pocket)!
I like how they can be styled either up or down, depending on what you're dressing for.

This wasn't on my list. But I did want to find more for bottoms than tops and this somewhat fits that category so I consider it a win! I definitely want to get a couple more jumpsuits!





Lastly, another item for bottoms, I found these green 3/4 length pants. The more muted shades of green have become a favourite in my wardrobe recently so I think these will be great.
They feel comfy and perfect for the summer.
I plan to style them with a casual t-shirt and sandals, with maybe a little bandana around my neck for a casual, beach day sort of look. They are a little less green in person, by the way!



On this small shopping spree, we also stopped by another shop where I picked up these sandals (not thrifted).
I had seen them around and I wanted to try a pair on to see if I would like how they looked on me.
Turns out they are really comfy and I really like them, which my sister can't seem to understand (she hates them!).



That's all for today folks! I hope you enjoyed this fun thrifty post.
Thrifting is a treasure hunt, sometimes you find exactly what you were looking for, and sometimes you don't. Sometimes you just find this you didn't know you even wanted or needed!
All of my thrifted goodies cost me about $34, which I think is okay.

If you like these thrifting themed post please let me know! I have a few ideas for other thrifty posts!

keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I adore thrift shopping so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely lovvvve the lemon print jumper! Soo adorable!! And thrifting is so fun, Its so nice to wear something without feeling guilty about how much you spent on it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I always feel proud when I can tell people that I only got something for a few dollars-what a steal!

      Delete
  3. I loved this post! Everything you got is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I have some more fun thrifty post coming soon...

      Delete
  4. I loved this post, Hannah! The jumpsuit is very cuute! thrifting is awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the jumpsuit. I thought I'd try something different!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist