Getting Back Into The Word


Hello darlings!

I coming to you today from the couch in our living room with a post that I need and I hope that you will also benefit from it.

Since the beginning of this year, I have found it difficult to have regular quiet times with the Lord.
Now life has been full of ups and downs for me ever since December 2019 till now.
I knew that I needed Jesus in those moments but it was hard to find the time and the frame of mind to sit still and read His Word.

In the past week I have tried getting back into it, but it is still a struggle however much I crave it and need it.

So here I am today with this post where I will give myself and you ideas and motivation to get back into the Bible!


1. Spend time with Him even when you don't feel like it.
One of the biggest lessons I learnt last year was that you shouldn't depend on your feelings when it come to spending time with God. You may not feel like it but it is so important that you do it anyway. Then eventually it will become easier and He will give you a desire for His Word.


2. Change things up.
This will look different from person to person but make whatever changes you think you need to get back into reading the Word.
Maybe do it in a new place in your house or outdoors. Use a new Bible study or plan.
Start reading a Christian non-fiction book at the beginning of your quiet time.


3. Listen to worship music or hymns during the day.
I always find that listening to some Christian music uplifts and inspires me and sometimes gets me motivated to spend more time with God.


4. Pour out your heart to Him in your journal.
I recently started doing this and it has been really good. All I do is pull out my journal before I start my quiet time and answer the question God asked Adam and Eve in Genesis 3, "Where are you?"
Where are you at? Where is your heart?
Tell Him how you feel and what is on your heart. He is a caring Father who wants to know you!


5. Do a Bible study with some friends or together with others on the YouVersion Bible app.
I'm doing this at the moment and not only does it keep you and your friends accountable, it is a wonderful way to grow together and connect over the Word.


6. Make it a time you look forward to.
Make this special time with Jesus special same as you would with a friend. Make yourself comfortable, brew some tea or coffee, light a candle or turn on some fairy lights, and use some pretty stationary for your journaling.
Also remember who it is that you are meeting with. We have the privilege to meet with the King of the Universe when ever we want! And He is always there waiting for you to spend time with Him.



Do you have any thought or ideas? Share them in the comments!
I'd love to hear your thoughts and I pray that we all have the strength and grace to get back into the Word and continue in it.

keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I love this Hannah!

    I definitely have struggled with being consistent in my time with God, and I've really been trying to work on that. These are some really awesome tips! I love to do my quiet time with tea and fairy lights :)

    Lovely post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I was doing pretty well on my quiet times early on this year but have definitely started slacking off. This is exactly the kind of cute, aesthetic motivation I need to get back to doing it. Thanks, Hannah!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep growing girl! So happy this inspired you!

      Delete
  3. Exactly what I needed! I not only struggle with getting the quiet time in, but also learning from what I read in the Bible instead of just reading and then getting on with life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, a common struggle! I've been studying James and it is such a practical book and James is always talking about how we need to act on what we read. It's been very convicting!

      Delete
    2. Might try James then. Only I'm trying to get through the old testament right now... I'm at Psalms now which is also quite interesting.

      Delete
  4. I love these ideas! I'm in the same boat as you and have been trying to be more consistent in my Bible time lately. One thing that has helped me is getting myself a large, nice prayer journal that has helped me really get my thoughts down and pray purposely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist