Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker


Hello darlings!

I'm going to warn you now, what I am about to say in this post might be a little controversial and many women today wouldn't share my opinions on these topics.
But I have decided to go ahead and share what is on my heart about being a mother & homemaker and I hope that you find it interesting and inspiring all the same.

My reason for speaking about this is because I think its something that is unpopular but necessary in today's society and the women that do want to pursue the life of a mother/homemaker often feel alone in their choice of lifestyle.



My Life Dream

If you were to ask me what my biggest dream in life is, my answer wouldn't be to have a great career and a fancy apartment in the city.

No, my answer would be this, that my dream is to become a wife and mother and create a home in the country where we can grow our own food, live naturally and simply and let my kids grow up getting dirty and playing outdoors.
We'd have some chickens, maybe a cow and live of the land where we could.

This is my dream,  however counter-cultural it may be.
If you share the dream to be a mother and homemaker one day I want to tell you that that is a wonderful calling and dream and if it is the Lord' s will for you then go for it!
The world needs more women to mother and nurture the next generation in godly homes that radiate Christ.


Motherhood

Yesterday, my dad told me he had been talking with our neighbor and mention how I wanted to be a mother and stay at home etc.
The neighbor was of the opinion that that wasn't a real job. He couldn't have been farther from the truth. I believe being a mother is a job, and not an easy on at that.
As a mother, you give all of yourself to raising and nurturing your kids and that isn't easy. I know from watching my own mum and other stay-at-home mothers I know.

The call to be a mother is a Biblical one too. Often in the Bible God used mothers to accomplish His will.
I believe it is a worthy calling and if I am called to be one I intend to honor that calling.



Homemaking

A homemaker is a person who manages a home especially as a principal occupation.
A homemaker is a woman who's primary occupation is nurturing and creating a home for her family.

Personally, I enjoy creating a happy, comfortable space and nurturing my space so I love the idea of having a home to nurture and being a stay-at-home mother.
Homemaking is also a Biblical practice, like the woman mentioned in Proverbs 31!

Many women in the past lived like this and families thrived. Think Little House on the Prairie...
That simple lifestyle is a healthier than the hectic rushing around most people call normal.

Read Calico & Twine for more inspiration and info on a simpler lifestyle!


Resources

These are a bunch of women, blogs, YouTube channels and Instagram accounts that embrace motherhood, homemaking and simple living.

Milena Ciciotti YouTube

Mrs Midwest YouTube

Girl In Calico YouTube

Housewives are Not Oppressed Mrs Midwest YouTube Video
Homemaking Practices You Can Start TODAY! Mrs Midwest YouTube Video
Why I Love Being a Homemaker Mrs Midwest YouTube Video

Farmhouse on Boone Blog


So those are some of my thoughts on the matter!
What are your thoughts? Lets chat in the comments!


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. i love this and your points here!! I definitely want to live a more simpler life in the future and use more natural products. It is truly a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much easier and simpler, and natural products are so much better for you. xo

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Hanna, that was a beautiful post, and I really appreciated your views on this. I also want to be a wife and mother, and so am struggling to figure out what to do in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad there are some other young women who share the same dream!

      Delete
  3. I love this!! I definitely think being a homemaker and a mother can be a real (and full-time) job, and that is definitely part of what I want to do in the future. In the meantime, though, I want to learn and study and hopefully get a job I like as well, to be able to support myself in the meantime. So overall, a mix of both!

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the matter!
    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great! I think it is great to learn and study as there are so many resources out nowadays.

      Delete
  4. Love this post!!! Another blog I like is the keeper of the homestead. I'll have check out those links.☺️ Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter