Autumn Reads


Hello darlings!

I love reading all year round but in the colder months, I feel like its a much more common activity.
You can sit there all snuggled up with a hot cup of tea, coffee, hot chocolate (or what ever else you fancy) and be transported to another world.

I am quite seasonal reader. With the changing of the seasons come the changing of my reading tastes.
In Autumn, I gravitate to mystery novels, old favourites, classics and comfort reads.

So I am putting together a list of some of the books that I feel fit that description.
Not all of these will be ones that I have read, though the majority will be as I don't like to suggest books that I have not read. I mark titles that I have read with a *.



Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier {currently reading}

The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie

Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell*

Return to the Hundred Acre Wood by David Benedictus*

The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak*

By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder*

The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis

North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Brambly Hedge: Autumn Story by Jill Barklem*

The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen*

Thin Ice (Men if Valor #2) by Irene Hannon*

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott* {currently rereading}

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier



What are your favourite cosy reads?


keep blooming,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist