Simple & Slow Living Habits I Practice Daily


In this fast-paced, fast-moving world, it is so important to make the most of each day and implement some slow & simple living habits into our lives so that we are not too caught up in the hustle and bustle.
Each day is a gift from the Lord and so it is our responsibility to live every moment wisely and for His glory!

By practising these little habits every day, I am able to take joy in the mundane.
It also helps to slow down, focus on the little things in life and delight in the Father who has blessed us with so much.


Today I am going to share with you a few of the slow living habits I try to implement in my everyday life.


1. Taking time before the day begins to be still before the Lord

This is really the most important habit because doing this one thing will set the tone of your entire day.
I always notice the difference in how my day goes when I haven't first done my quiet time!
Wake up earlier so that you have some time on your own before you begin your day and soak in His presence and don't rush it.



2. Get outside

I try to get outside and do something every day, whether I go for a walk with my dog, or work in the garden. Fresh air, sunshine and exercise are all vital for a healthy lifestyle. 
I find that if I don't go outside at all for a day, I feel stuffy, tired, or I get a headache. 
Being outside is a great way to slow down and appreciate the beauty in nature too!



3. Doing one thing at a time

This one is a fairly new habit that I am working on implementing but it has already made a difference in my productivity.
I used to try to multitask and do a bunch of things at once. But it's not really the most efficient way to do things. 
Now I like to focus on one task at a time and give it all of my attention, which actually increases my productivity because I am completing one thing after the other and doing a good job on each assignment. It's a great feeling!


4. Turning off notifications

This one is more of a one-off thing, but it did affect how I live my everyday life so I am including it on this list. 
A while ago I decided I didn't want the noise and distraction caused by the constant dinging I got from the notifications on my phone.
So I went into the settings and turned off all notifications and I haven't looked back.
It means I am not always picking up my phone to see what the latest update is and can resume my life without so much distraction.



5. Writing my to-do list for the day in order of priority

Usually, in the morning or sometimes the night before, I write out all the main tasks I need to do in my noted on my phone and enjoy the satisfaction of marking them off as I complete each one.
I put the most important things first so that I get them done before doing the smaller, less important things.
This little habit brings order to my day and makes for a clearer mind and a smoother day. 



6. Doing things that I enjoy 

After all of my schoolwork and other tasks are done I like to make sure that I do something that I enjoy as a way of resting and doing something that makes me happy.
This could be making something like a craft or some baking or simply sitting down to read with a cup of tea! I think it is important to have times of rest as well as times of productive working.



Each of these things may not seem very big, but sometimes it is the smallest habits which make the biggest changes in your day to day life.
I hope you gained some inspiration for embracing simple & slow living habits into your own life!

Let me know what your favourite slow living habit (if you have one) is down below!
  

keep blooming,
Hannah

Comments

  1. Great ideas, darling Hannah! You know that I have a kind of enforced slow living with my illness, but I’ve always been rather in the ‘slow’ lane. It’s much better in so many ways! Good for you to learn this while you are young! Love you lots and God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter