Slow Living in Spring

It is the 2nd of September.

The spring rain is falling outside as I write this but that is not dampening my excitement for this season!
I am sipping on my second cup of tea this morning and I am so glad to be back in the blogging world.

Today I thought I would welcome the new season with a few ideas for slow living activities to get the most out of this season of sunshine, rain, spring blooms and new beginnings.
My mind is full of ideas & aspirations for the warmer months and I cannot wait for all the seasonal delights that come with the sunny weather.
I say that as it is now raining cats & dogs outside my window...

But for now, let's get into these simple slow living ideas for Spring!


Have a picnic (weather permitting!)

Nothing is nicer than eating outside in the sun after months of being cooped up inside. 
Pack up a simple meal, wear a springy outfit (optional) and grab a blanket and head to your local park or even your own back yard to enjoy the outdoors and the spring flowers.



Turn over your wardrobe

As soon as the weather got warmer, I brought out all my spring and summer clothing. I couldn't help it! I was so excited to wear them.
If you are like me and you store your out of season wardrobe away while it is not in use, now might be the time to switch over to some warmer weather pieces.
But Spring weather is unpredictable, so make sure to keep back a few sweaters in case it gets chilly.



Clean + declutter

It's time for spring cleaning! During winter, the house tends to get a bit dustier & dirtier because we are indoors more and if you are using a fireplace, that will also create dust from the ashes and wood you are using. So take this time to give your house a good clean and declutter some things too.
We want to begin the Spring & Summer with fresh clean homes!
Dust surfaces, wash linens, clean the windows, and declutter the things that have been sitting around taking up space.


Plant a garden

This is quite an obvious thing to do in the Spring but I thought I would include it anyway. We are slowly planning our garden and using up the last of the winter crops (which didn't grow very well this year). 
I also want to bring some new life into my cut flower garden which all but died out in the summer because of drought. 
Get out into your garden and plant something, even if it is only a pot of flowers or herbs, it is so rewarding to grow something yourself!


Eat the new seasonal foods 

Check what's in season in the Springtime around you and try to make meals using them. 
Also, try and shop locally for these ingredients to support your local shops and farmers. It is so wonderful and important to know how your food is grown and where it comes from.
You can make fresh salads, lemon curd, delicious vegetable soups and much, much more in the springtime!



Wake up early

I usually try to wake up early all year round but it becomes a lot easier during the Spring & Summer because the sun comes up earlier so it isn't dark and cold when you get up.
If you don't already, set your alarm for an hour earlier than you normally wake up and get a head start on your day and take advantage of that extra daylight.



Sew something

Whether you mend or alter something, thrift flip something or sew an item from scratch, get out your fabric and sewing machine and create something this Spring.
I have a top that needs altering that I plan on sewing and I might make a few other fun projects too!


That's all my ideas for now! 
Let me know what activities you like to do in the Spring months in the comments!


keep blooming,

Hannah



Comments

  1. Lovely list! Sounds a lot like mine...☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your friends get back into checking your blogs! Guess same thing may have happened to them like me! Watching your Vlogs and forgetting the blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker