What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

 


Summer is slowly coming to an end and I'm gearing up for the cooler weather by thinking about my autumn wardrobe. I'm planning a little thrifting trip in the next few weeks so I'm hoping I'll be able to find at least a few of these pieces while I'm there. 
One of my wardrobe goals for the past couple of years has been to simplify & make it more minimal by slowly adding more basics and colours that easily mix & match with one another. So I kept this idea in mind while I'm putting together this list. 

I've noticed that what's lacking in my autumn wardrobe is more tops rather than bottoms. 
You can easily get away with only a few bottoms but it's usually the top you're wearing that people notice. So its good to have a little variety! 
With all that being said, here are a few things I'm hoping to add to my autumn closet this season.


Knit sweaters in neutral tones (white, beige, grey etc.)

Source

Lately, I've really been loving neutral tones in my wardrobe because they are so versatile and having them makes it so much easier to put together outfits. A few of the colours I'm looking for are grey, a kind of camel/tan brown, and a cream or white sweater. Something about these colours gives me all the cosy vibes & I'm here for it! And of course, cosy, knit sweaters are absolutely essential for autumn going into winter! 


 A basic turtleneck 

Source

I love the look of a plain turtleneck layered under a dress like this that I've seen around Pinterest so I'm going to keep my eyes out for one at the thrift store. I think a basic turtleneck like this would be a good staple to be able to play around with.


A slip style/strappy dress

Source

This one kind of goes along with the last item as a turtleneck can easily be worn under a dress like this to create a transitional summer into autumn outfit. 


A fitted cardigan

Source

I've the trend around on Instagram to wear a cardigan like this as a top or simply as you would a normal sweater and I love it. I don't why I never thought of this as a way to style a cardigan but I'd love to try it this autumn! In general, I would like to get a few basic cardigans because I don't own any currently. I may even knit my own...


 A casual pullover top


My lifestyle is the most suited to casual clothing as I don't go out much and I'm mostly at home. I figure a piece like this will be pretty easy to find at the thrift store and it'll be nice to throw on to feel cosy in!


A pinafore style dress

Source

For the part of me that loves the cottagecore aesthetic, I'd love a dress like this to wear during autumn and throughout the rest of the year. The simple & practical design would be perfect for wearing on an average day. I have my eye on this one that I found online!


Those are a few of the things on my list and with any luck, I'll be able to find some when I go thrifting!
What do you consider an autumn staple in your wardrobe?


keep blooming,
Hannah

Comments

  1. these are so fun! i love turtlenecks.... they are so versatile and great for mixing and matching.
    Also, this seems so weird to read about an Autumn wardrobe when over here in Canada, we are getting ready for spring! Have a great Autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of planning a wardrobe, and sometimes I do in my head (or on my Pinterest boards), but tbh, every time a new season rolls around, I only head out to the shops if what I'm wearing is literally too stretched or threadbare, and then I just try to replace it or scrape by without it. :P You've inspired me to actually have a decent look at my wardrobe and come up with ideas to switch things up and know what to look out for!

    Also, at the rate the temperatures are here in Australia atm, I think I'll have a bit of time to play with. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter