September ~ What happened, Favourites + October goals


Just a note before I get started: This Monthly post was originally called a monthly photo album but then I had bigger ideas and wanted to include more about what had gone down in that month. So now each month you will get a post like this one, with what happened, my favourite things for that month and goals for the following month. Photos that I took that month will still be included.

Now that that is out of the way, let's get on with what I did this month!
 this flower is called a freesia and they were growing at a bottom of our hedge. They smells a bit peachy in my opinion.

September was a very good month I would say. The weather was getting warmer and sunnier. Spring is a very nice season though not my favourite season.


Blossoms on trees always make me think of a bride, all white and pretty!





// Things that Happened in September //

  • Our town had it's local annual spring event, Daffodil Day, and we walked around the stalls that lined the Main Street. We bought some churros too. I think I ate most of them!
  • Isabella and I spent some time with our friend's horses, Marty and Jemma, feeding them grass and treats.
  • I saw the new version of Swallows and Amazons twice and loved every bit of it.
  • I received a christian children's picture book for review. I will be posting the review on here and on Goodreads.
  • My younger brother, Sebastian, turned 11 today! Whoo-hoo! 
  • I ticked off 3 of the movies I wanted to watch in this post. Saving Mr Banks, Viceroy's House, Swallows and Amazons and tomorrow my Mother and I might watch The Zookeeper's Wife.
  • I was 'in charge' for the weekend last week because my Mother and my Aunty went away for a night. It was a birthday present from my Aunty to my Mother (I don't call her this normally but it sounds better than Mum when you're writing it I thought) and they only managed to do it last weekend. So I was in charge of looking after the younger ones and organising meals while my Dad and brothers worked outside. We did pretty well without her but it wasn't the same with her not there.
  • School holidays start today! And don't worry, you will still hear from me every Monday and Friday.
  • I watched four episodes of Call the Midwife and cried because Alec died. I want Jenny to be happy guys!!! Don't we all? (If you've watched it)
// Completed goals //
If you look back to here, you'll see that I listed 'Things I would like to do in September'.
These are the things that I ticked of that little list.

  • I read more than three books, but some of them were quite small. Still, they do count as books!
  • I did earn some money by doing some housework for the neighbour's.
  • I completed all but one of my assignments.
  • Finished knitted the 2 dolls blankets I started last month.


Favourites
By favourites, I mean new things that I really love this month. This month it will be pretty pins on Pinterest.

Now for my October goals. 
  • Read a non-fiction book
  • Plant some of my seedlings
  • Take photos with friends
  • Be diligent in school when the new term starts
  • Not to waste time in the holidays
  • Build a herb planter
  • Read as much as possible
This is Raphael or Rafi as we call him mostly.

I can never get over this cutie! She calls lemons, "blen's". I don't know why. I doesn't sound like the word "lemon". She talks quite a bit!

That's all for now. There will be a bonus post tomorrow so look out for that!

Nancy and Peggy from Swallows and Amazons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter