November Favourites


We are just about done with 2018 and I am very ready for 2019! New beginnings, new goals, new adventures and new growth!
November was an overall good month, but with much too much rain. It has even been flooding in some areas around where I live. And it is SUPPOSED to be Spring...
Anywho, I have a lot of favourites for this month, so I'd better get going!




Books


Wonder by R.J. Palacio
I really enjoyed this book and I have seen the movie twice. The movie is quite accurate and it's a great story of a boy with a facial deformity who has to go to public school after being homeschooled most of his life. Overall a lovely story of kindness and friendship. The way the story is presented in the book, going over the point of view of the main characters. I totally recommend both the movie AND the book!



Music

I Dream of You Vol. II by JJ Heller ~ JJ Heller is a favourite singer of mine and most of my family. She has just released a new album with lovely easy listening songs. Her music is directed at mothers and children but I still love it! Here is a snippet of the album:
Edelweiss is one of my favourite, favourite songs!


Days Gone By by Hillsong Young & Free ~ I love this song so, so much that I plan to attempt (important word here) to learn it on piano. There's a challenge for me!

Fall on Me by Andrea Bocelli & Matteo Bocelli  ~ This song and the way these two sing it is AMAZING! I have listened to it so much since! I have also listened to more of Andrea Bocelli's music and I am in love with his voice.
I'll just leave this here...


Those are the songs I'll be share in this particular post. I have discovered a lot this month and I will be dispersing them through some future posts. Look out for that soon!



Movies


The Star
I had no idea that I would love this film as much as I did. I thought, "Oh it's going to be a cheesy little kids movie", BUT I was wrong!
I adored this cute retelling of the Christmas story through a donkey's perspective. I can't recommend it enough!
There are some cute funny parts(like when Bo/Boaz, the donkey meets a sweet sheep and her name is, wait for it,.......... Ruth! I cracked up when I heard that).
And it's just a new perspective of the story that brings it to life in a different way.
I never realised till I was thinking after seeing this movie how beautiful the Christmas story is.



Mansfield Park {1999}
If you saw my review of this, you know how much I liked it. But if not, I'll put it here.



Other bits & pieces

- Revive Our Hearts Unexpected Grace series
I discovered this month the treasure which is the Revive Our Hearts ministry. I love all of their stuff, as it is all so inspiring and encouraging. But today I specifically wanted to share the Unexpected Grace series, which is all about the founder, Nancy Leigh DeMoss Wolgemuth's love story with Robert Wolgemuth. It is a 16 video long playlist and I haven't seen all of them yet. They have a beautiful story that is full of grace and very Christ-centred.
Another short 3-part playlist on Revive Our Hearts is Unto Us Is Born This Day, perfect for this time of year!

- Coffee! I started to drink coffee again and I am quite enjoying it, to say the least(especially with the yucky and wet weather we've had recently).
See you next month!

Adieu! Au Revoir! Goodbye, my friends!

xoxo
Hannah


Comments

  1. Love this post! JJ Heller is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to see The Star -- lovely post. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Wonder and loved it! I really want to watch the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist