A Sustaining Quiet Time Method for 2019


Hello darlings!

The other morning, I was sitting outside in the warm breeze to have my quiet time when this idea struck me.
I quickly jotted it down with the intention of sharing it with you, and today I am going to be giving you an idea that will hopefully kickstart your quiet time in this new year if you need it!



So my idea was, how your quiet time can essentially look like a 3-course meal!
Yes, you heard me right, a 3-course meal.

I created this outline of what this 'meal' would look like.

~ • ~

Start with prayer! This sets the tone and course of your time with God and in this situation could resemble the setting of the table before you eat.

E N T R E E

A simple, encouraging devotional
A devotional is a snack or entree to open your quiet time with. If you don't have as much time this is all you might get away with but generally, it will not leave you full for long.
I am using My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers as mine and I love it.


M A I N

Bible Reading & Journaling
THIS IS THE GOOD STUFF. The sustaining, amazing, filling, stuff! Even if you read a little or a lot, you got to read it daily! 5 minutes in the Word is better than no time. 
Make sure to write down some thoughts so you can meditate and remember what you read too!


D E S S E R T

A few pages of a Christian non-fiction book
This helps you get some reading done and also enrich your mind by filling it with MORE truth!
One of my goals for this year is to read more faith-impacting books. 


End in prayer!

~ • ~

That is how I have been doing my Bible study lately and I love it. I love to think of it as a daily meal that is even more fulfilling than real food!

I hope that this gives you some inspiration if you feel like you're quiet time has been lacking a boost.

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful idea, I'll have to try this for my quiet time! Thanks so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! I think I will have to try this in my 2019 quiet time! I was looking for fresh stuff. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Hannah ! ♥ I definitely would like to try this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter