Movie Recommendations





Via Unsplash
Well, hello lovely folks!
Since I didn't manage to write and post a January Favourites, I have not talked about any of the movies I have seen so far this year. I have seen some pretty great ones though, and I am excited to share them with you today!




Priceless {2016}
Oh my! This year was the first time I became fully aware of the seriousness and reality of slavery, human trafficking and those such things. On February 7th, I took part in the End It Movement on Shine A Light on Slavery Day. (Info @enditmovement on Instagram)
Not long after that, my family watched this film. It covers the topic very well and from a great perspective. In a way it is a rather beautiful story, but it is full of hurt and brokenness.
Basically, it is about a guy named James who takes a job transporting a mystery cargo. When he realizes that he is actually delivering two young women to men running a sex trafficking business, he desperately tries to save them and get them back.
I highly recommend this movie!



Gosnell: The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer {2018}
This is another movie covering another big topic that is often hushed up. Though it may be an emotional watch for some, it is impacting and important to watch in this day and age.
I struggle to actually have any words  to describe it, since all it really is is pure evil.
So I just encourage you to watch it and then spread the word. Also, I think I should mention, that nothing is graphically shown but things are talked about and implied. In one of the court scenes, the lawyer shows the jury a photo of a baby that was aborted and still alive, and if you want to see the photo they give a link to their website at the end of the film.



God's Not Dead: A Light in the Darkness {2018}
Well, this list isn't very light hearted! Here we have another movie which is very relavent to what goes on around us today.
I very much enjoyed the first two films of this kind and wasn't as impressed with this on but it was still a good watch!



I feel weird adding this last one on the list as it is comic period drama but this post won't be very long without it and it is nice to end on a semi-positive note so here goes!


The Importance of Being Earnest {2002}
The Importance of Being Earnest is one of those witty, period dramas that is enjoyable for the whole family. It was entertaining, fairly decent and with  Colin Firth and Judi Dench added to the mix,
was quite good.


Thus concludes a few of the movies I can recommend that I have recently seen.
Qotd: Which one of these movies interests you?

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. Very nice, Hanni! I've seen God's Not Dead 3. I agree, it wasn't as good as the first two. But still nice!
    I've heard of the first two, and I'll definitely have to check them out. I'm sad that I didn't find out about the #enditmovement until now!! I'd have loved to participate on February 7th. Anyway, thanks for letting us know about it! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Priceless is really good! I have cousins so obsessed with the movie that they watched it at lease three times almost in a row haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist