March Favourites

via me

Autumn has begun. Or at least it ought to have started! We are still getting warm and sunny 26 degree days.
I look forward to sitting by the fireplace, hearing how it crackles and the scent of wood smoke when you walk outside.
But for now, I have some favourites from the month of March! If you want to see what me 2018 March Favourites were, click here.

~ • ~ • ~




Books
No Other Will Do by Karen Witemeyer
Ahhh, I loved this book! And that is all you will get until I post my full review next week hopefully.




Music & Podcasts

Be Thou My Vision by Elenyi ~ I adore this beautiful hymn and these girls sing it wonderfully!

How Nancy Studies the Bible (Revive Our Hearts) ~ Great episode, I listened to while baking

Calling Evil Good (Relatable with Allie Beth Stuckey) ~ Shocking but quite educational. I love this podcast ever since I listened to this first episode and I recommend you listen to it!

Pioneers by for KING & COUNTRY ~ It's a beautiful song with an even more beautiful music video...
It was filmed in Iceland and it is utterly breathtaking!




just because.....I can :) and because I can't wait till Season 5!


Movies


Doctor Thorne
I really liked this little mini-series! It was beautifully filmed, the costumes were delightfully springy and Drake Harry Richardson (Poldark) played a lead role. Frank and Mary were an adorable couple!



The Paradise
I don't know if I like this equally or better than Doctor Thorne. Let us say equally!
We have not yet finished it really, and while I want to finish it, I also don't want it to end. It is set in a ladies store called The Paradise and is all about the comings and goings of the store, it's employees and the employer, Mr Moray.




Other bits & pieces

- Lip balm
As soon as the weather got a little cooler, my lips went quite dry so I have enjoyed using the sweet orange lip balm I got for Christmas.

- Hot drinks
Post coming about what drink they are and how to's!

- Psalms 34 & 27 are so good!

- Journaling has been my therapy! Honestly though, writing out my thought and feeling when I am troubled, worried or down REALLY helps. I also write prayers about it because that is ultimately what is going to help. I journal Bible verses and they bring the peace and comfort I really need.
So don't underestimate the effects of journaling!


- Hot cross buns
The ones we get from a local artisan bakery are THE. BEST.



qotd: What was your favourite movie of the month?


xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. Hello my sweet Hannah! Interesting post! I watched ‘The Paradise’ on youtube a couple of years ago or so. Just loved it, fascinating story, interesting characters and just such eye candy! I think I may also have seen Dr Thorne on youtube. I love Trollope’s books and this is a very nice one. What you say about journaling/praying is so true, keep it up. - Fav movie: ‘The heart within’ with Dr Quinne and Sully, I think. It came up on youtube recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to listen to those podcasts. They sound really good.
    I haven't had hot cross buns in years. I need some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mm I love psalm 34! I actually memorized it recently and noticed some things that I wouldn't have noticed from simply reading it.
    now I want a nice hot choc drink!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist