May Favourites

via Unplash

Hello darlings!

I am back with you to wrap up the month of May and share of few of my favourite things from this month.

May has been a pretty good month, with glorious Autumn weather. It has been warm, sunny, and the leaves have been softly falling everywhere.

• • • •


Books


A Rose for the ANZAC Boys by Jackie French
Those of you who have been around here for a while might remember me talking about this book before. This was my second time reading A Rose for the ANZAC Boys and it certainly won't be the last!
I loved it just as much if not more this time. It is so well written and captures the pain, tragedy, and loss of World War 1.
Movies and books seldom make me cry, but I teared up a tiny bit when reading this book.
I can't recommend it enough and I really must get my own copy to display on my shelf!




Music & Podcasts

A Mother Like You by JJ Heller ~ This is just the sweetest song from a child to her mother!

Is He Worthy? by Shane & Shane ~ I heard this song for the first time around Easter and this month I listened to it repeatedly.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus by Lauren Daigle ~ Lauren Daigle's take on this older song is just so good. I'll leave it here so you can give it a listen. Her arrangement is soothing and 'jazzy' (listen to it and you'll understand!).


How Can You Truly Please God (Revive Our Hearts podcast episode) ~ This one was just really good and I plan to listen to it a few more times yet!

Sweater Weather Instrumentals Playlist ~ This playlist popped up one day on my Spotify and I'm listening to it now and loving it. It is the perfect acoustic guitar, cosy, Autumn playlist!



Movies

Emma 1996
Google
I really liked this adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma! I have a whole post of my thoughts here!



Our Zoo
Google
Thanks to the blogging world, I had heard about this charming mini-series and then I stumbled upon it in our local library I grabbed it and triumphantly exclaimed to my mum that we must see it because a blogger I knew had raved about it!
It did not disappoint and was a great watch for our whole family. (I will not promise it, but I will hopefully post a full 'review' of this series soon...)



Other bits & pieces

- A Mother Like You music video
Here is the cutest, loveliest and sweetest music vid that accompanies the song A Mother Like You!


- Can We Be Pro-Love and Pro-Life?
I love this girl's Youtube channel and this video is great. She is encouraging everyone to stand up and speak for the unborn and act on their beliefs on being pro-life. In this video, Becca shares some ways that you can help and show your support for the pro-life movement.


That's all for this month folks!

Did you discover anything new and amazing this month?

Keep on blooming,

xoxo
Hannah



Note: All images all my own unless credited to their source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist