20 Questions Book Tag



Hello, darlings!

It has been a ages since I have done a good old book tag post. I feel like there was a time when these sorts of post or videos were very popular and everyone was doing them.

Now they seem to be less common. But I found this one and thought it might be fun so here we go!


• • • •


1. HOW MANY BOOKS ARE TOO MANY FOR A SERIES?

Most of the series I read consist of about 4 books. Series are great fun so the more books in the series the better!
I'd say I don't think there is ever too many if you really love the series! I am slowly reading through the Christy Miller series, and I don't want it to end, and there a lot of books and spin-off books in this series! The only thing is that the longer the series and longer it may take you to collect all of them (and more money!).


2. HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CLIFFHANGERS?

I haven't read a book with a cliffhanger before. Shocking I know!


3. HARDCOVER OR PAPERBACK?

Ahh, the great debate amongst the bookish community! Personally, I have come to like both. Paperbacks for comfort whilst reading and hardbacks for aesthetic purposes. Plus many old books are hardback and old books are so beautiful and mysterious to me.


4. FAVOURITE BOOK?

You mean books, right? Plural? Well, then here are a few of mine:


Aww, I really should reread some of these! They are all such lovely books and stories.


5. LEAST FAVOURITE BOOK?

I don't have an answer for this. If I am not enjoying a book I stop reading it. And I would rather not share negative opinions on books on here.


6. LOVE TRIANGLES, YES OR NO?

I don't mind them too much but they are getting old. You always know who the girl is actually going to end up with.

(My personal faves are the Friends to Lovers and the Hate-to-Love tropes!)


7. THE MOST RECENT BOOK YOU COULDN'T FINISH?

This is another question that I don't really have an answer for because I do generally finish most books that I start.


8. A BOOK THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING?

~ Love Defined by Bethany Baird (Beal) & Kristen Clark and I am loving it!


9. LAST BOOK YOU RECOMMENDED TO SOMEONE?

That would have to be Mandy by Julie Andrews. I also recommend that you read my favourite books mentioned above...


10. OLDEST BOOK YOU'VE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?

Little Women by Louisa M. Alcott first published in 1868! It is such a lovely book that I really think every girl/woman should read.


11. NEWEST BOOK YOU'VE READ BY PUBLICATION DATE?

Of Fire and Lions by Mesu Andrews, published in March of 2019! You can read my review here.


12. FAVOURITE AUTHOR?

Again, how can you expect me to have only one? My list includes but is not limited to Melanie Dickerson, Julie Klassen, Robin Jones Gunn and Michael Morpurgo.


13. BUYING BOOKS OR BORROWING BOOKS?

I do like to borrow library books to try them out first, then if I like it I might buy it to add to my shelf. It all depends really.


14. A BOOK YOU DISLIKE THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE?

The only thing close to an answer I have is the Harry Potter books, though I have not read them and never will. They don't appeal to me but so many other people seem to be crazy about them.


15. BOOKMARKS OR DOG EARS?

My answer is and always will be to use bookmarks. I strongly disapprove of dog ears in books(I prefer dog ears to be on dogs!) and I have a good collection of fun bookmarks that I like to use.


16. A BOOK YOU CAN ALWAYS RE-READ?

Probably any of my favourite books like Sarah, Plain & Tall by Patricia MacLachlan, A Rose for the ANZAC Boys by Jackie French or the Amish Heirloom series by Amy Clipston.


17. CAN YOU READ WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC?

Yes, if it is instrumental. But I don't usually listen to music while I am reading. I get more reading done when everything around me is quieter. Though, since I live with a big (noisy) family, I have learnt to read with kids making a lot of noise around me!


18. ONE P.O.V OR MULTIPLE?

I personally don't mind either way. I read both and tend to enjoy both reading one point of view or several, though several can be a bit confusing.


19. DO YOU READ A BOOK IN ONE SITTING OR OVER MULTIPLE DAYS?

I applaud the readers that can read in one sitting, I don't know how you do it. For me, it takes about a week for me to get through a book and I am happy with that since it is more than most people manage.


20. WHO DO YOU TAG?

Anyone who thinks this tag looks fun, consider yourself tagged! Or just answer one of the questions in the comments down below!


• • • •

keep on blooming,

xoxo
Hannah

Comments

  1. Such a fun post! :) I haven't read any of the books you've named.
    Ann xx
    https://love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post Hannah! That is a fun tag!
    As to cliffhangers...I cannot believe that you haven't read one before! It is shocking.
    I read them lots, sometimes I like them, but NOT when I have to wait ages for the next book!
    I have read books in one sitting before... I even once read 3 in a sitting before.
    But that was a long time ago!
    And I totally agree with you on dog eared books, I feel like it ruins the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I raise my hat to you on being a fast reader!

      Delete
    2. Haha thanks! I WILL check out some more of those books you mentioned btw

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist

She is called Daughter