The Mary Poppins Book Tag



Hello darlings!

I saw this tag on Jenna's channel , where she created this brilliant tag and I thought it looked too fun to pass up.
It combines the songs from both Mary Poppins movies(Mary Poppins & Mary Poppins Returns)and uses each song as a prompt for a book.
Since it has been a wee while since I did my last tag, I figured it was about time I did one again.

Just before I begin, make sure you subscribe to Jenna's YouTube channel and her blog for more fun bookish stuff like this tag(I'll link her info at the end of the post)!


Off we go!



1. Sister Suffragette - name a book that has a strong female character


I think I'd have to say Caroline Ingalls or Ma from the Little House series, even though she wasn't a fictional character. I admire the strength she displays through all the books. Whether it is simply going about her day out on the wild prairie and all of the hard work that entails or surviving the long winter they experienced, Caroline Ingalls faced them with a calm spirit and wise actions to help her family function and stick together.



2. Spoonful of Sugar - a really, REALLY sweet book 


Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer! Set in 1800's America, two people meet and fall in love through telegraph messages, how sweet is that!
And that's not all! Amos, our male lead, is not like the other hunky cowboy characters in many books like this. Instead he is the nerdy type who rides a bicycle, wears glasses and works at a telegraph office. This sweet novel also had it's more suspenseful moments toward the end and a thread of mystery throughout the plot, it's winning combo!



3. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - a book that left you speechless


A book that left me speechless was Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar. The story kept me turning the pages and left me speechless in disbelief that it could get any worse. But it got a lot worse before it ever got better! I really enjoyed it though, the characters went through a lot and grew in many ways.
This was my first read from Tessa Afshar and it definitely impressed me! I cannot wait to read more from this author.



4. Let's Go Fly a Kite - a book that made you extremely happy



I could have gone with a few books here, but I settled on The Cherished Quilt by Amy Clipston. I had hoped to reread this series this year but that doesn't look like it will happen.
So, this, the third book in the Amish Heirloom series, is favourite out of all of them.
The whole series makes me happy but his one was just extra sweet and happy. I have a review posted here on the blog, if you'd like to read it here.



5. Underneath the Lovely London Sky - a book with a fun/beautiful/unique setting


For this prompt, I have chosen The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman.
The setting is 1920's Australia but mostly on the little, beautiful island of Janus Rock. The imagery is beautiful! With parts talking about and describing the sea, sky, Janus Rock and the lighthouse which is rather unique. It is a beautifully written novel, though it may make you cry too!
Read with caution though, as some parts are a bit inappropriate and there is some swearing.



6. Can You Imagine That? - a book with fantasy elements


I have read very little fantasy. In fact, this is about the only one! But I did enjoy it and I am looking forward to the sequel (looking at you Kara!).
There are many fantasy elements to the story. The main female lead has the power to make fire through her fingers and there are many others who have gifted magical abilities.



7. A Cover is Not the Book - pick a book you wish had a different cover


I searched long and hard through my Goodreads shelves to find a book for this prompt. Finally I decided to use The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson.
The cover is nice, if it were a stand alone. But it is part of the Medieval Fairy tale trilogy and it should have a matching cover to the first two books.
I wish it would have been printed to match, and then all of them would look wonderful together. But instead, it doesn't even look like it belongs to the Medieval Fairy tale trilogy!



8. The Place Where the Lost Things Go - a book that made you sad


I'm going to go with The Magic of Ordinary Days by Ann Howard Creel. I picked up the book because I had seen and loved the Hallmark movie adaptation.
However, this became one of those rare instances where the movie is better than the book. I believe it captures the title and the story in a much better way. The book made me sad because it didn't live up to the expectations I had after seeing the movie.



9. Nowhere to Go But Up - pick the first book in a series that was the perfect set-up for what was to come!



Last but not least, for this prompt I pick Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn. This is the very first book in the whole Christy Miller series.
This book, though not my favourite, was a great set-up for all the great moments and adventures to come! I thoroughly enjoy reading this series and I am almost up to starting The College Years!
I can't recommend them enough, and if you have not read them yet I don't know what you are doing!



That concludes my take on the Mary Poppins Book Tag, created by Jenna van Mourik. I'll leave all her info below!

Jenna's blog
Jenna's YouTube channel
Jenna's Instagram (@jennavanmourik)


I hope you enjoyed this tag as much as I did and that you got some new book recommendations too!


keep blooming,

xo, Hannah

Comments

  1. Nice post :) I haven't read any of these books and I even haven't watched or read Mary Poppins either! Maybe I'll give them a go.
    Ann xx
    love-english-by-ann.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned my book.
    Stops dead, screams internally, and flails wildly. I love you!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

What's on my Autumn Wardrobe Wishlist