My Hair & Skincare Routine


Hello darlings!

A few months ago, I switched up my skincare and hair routine and so far, it has been working brilliantly for me! My skin and hair are looking quite nice since I implemented some new habits and methods.

So today I thought it would be fun to share some of the tips, products and tricks I 've been using on my skin and hair!

Everyone's skin is different. What works for me may not work for you.
My suggestion if you are looking to go more natural or switch your routine up is to just try and see what works for you and go with that. I hope that some of my tips will help!

• • • •

Skin

Morning
In the morning, I wash my face with cool or warm water and pat it dry with a towel, as opposed to scrubbing it with the towel (the skin on your face is more delicate and should be treated carefully).
I then moisturise with aloe vera gel, especially the dry patches and areas prone to pimples. I like how the aloe vera feels as it is cooling and refreshing on the skin.
Aloe vera is highly anti-inflammatory and contains Vitamin C & A and other enzymes and antioxidants so it is great for your skin.

Evening
I am not as consistent with my evening routine but if I manage to do it then this is what I will do.
If I wore mascara that day, I will remove it with cotton pads and coconut oil (I don't wear any makeup on a day-to-day basis, only mascara when I am going out or a touch of lipstick!).
Then I moisturise with a manuka honey face cream. This smells lovely!

I used to use this face cream in the morning but then I began using aloe vera and switched to using this honey cream in the evening.


Weekly
Once a week, in the shower, I will use a facial scrub to exfoliate and a facial cleanser.
I was using my facial cleanser every day until I realised after a while that continually using a product to wash my face was not helping it and even causing it to break out more.

The way I see it is, if you strip your skin of its natural oils frequently, it 'thinks' it doesn't have enough oils and then produces more, creating oily skin and pimples.

Once I stopped washing my face with the cleanser every day and only used it once a week, I found my skin became less prone to breakouts and they healed a lot faster (with the aid of the aloe vera as well).




Hair

Shower Day
Before I get into the shower I brush my hair to get out any tangles.
In the shower, I massage the shampoo on the top of my head and comb the conditioner through the ends of my hair. I started using Love, Beauty & Planet Shampoo and Conditioner with Coconut Oil & Ylang Ylang and I love the smell and it also seems to be working on my hair, making it soft and shiny.


Once I'm out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a t-shirt.
Towels can make your hair frizzy so I have been using a t-shirt and I think it has helped keep the frizz at bay!
I don't brush my hair while it is wet because it can break your hair and cause frizz.
Instead, I comb through my hair with my fingers and then I rub a couple drops of argan oil in my hands and comb that through.

Since using the argan oil, my hair has been softer and the curls more defined.

Link to purchase!
That wraps up my skin & hair routine as of right now!Most of these products are very natural and I like the products I use to be natural because I think it is much better for you.

I'd love to know what your favourite skin or hair product is! Let me know in the comments!
What is your favourite part of your beauty routine?


keep blooming,

Comments

  1. I love all natural skin products! Aloe was my go-to for years and now I use witch hazel most nights before bed. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried witch hazel but I have heard good things about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker

She is called Daughter