My Top 10 Favourite Books of 2019


Hello darlings!

It's that time of year again, time to talk about my favourite books of the year.
These aren't necessarily book that were published in 2019, but just my favourite books that I read this year.
Most of these books came to mind fairly easily when I was looking over my 2019 reading stats on Goodreads.
I had a pretty good year of reading in 2019. I read a lot of good books and wasn't majorly disappointed in any of them.
But some definitely stuck out as my favourites and I am going to tell you which ones they were now.

This list is in no particular order, because I could never rank them.


1. Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
I read this twice this year, so that says something! I really enjoyed this book and I think its the perfect read if you feel like your quiet time needs a boost in the New Year. It is short, easy to read and full of helpful tips & advice.



2. The Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie Klassen
My first Julie Klassen book and one of my favourite reads of the whole year to be sure! I loved the mystery in this, the characters, the romance and the whole package. 
It was a chunky read but honestly I didn't mind because it was so good and I even had a slight book hangover afterwards!
I can't wait to read more of Klassen's books next year and probably reread this one because I have my own copy now.



3. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
After watching the movie adaptation for this book (actually filmed in New Zealand), I was of course interested in reading the book. The movie itself was emotional and beautiful, but the book only exceeded in making me emotional, even to the point of shedding tears!
The story is such a heartbreaking one but so well written and and though there are a few inappropriate comments (within their marriage thankfully) that I could have gone without, I do recommend this book to those of you who love a beautifully written, heart breaking historical read!




4. Heart on the Line by Karen Witemeyer
I read the Ladies of Harper's Station series throughout this year and while I loved the series as a whole and enjoyed reading the other women's love stories, this one was my favourite.
Amos was a different hero to what we are used to seeing and his relationship with Grace that grows throughout this book is just the sweetest.
I love that they first communicate through telegraph messages, much like texting today only much cuter!



5. Love Defined by Kristen Clark & Bethany Baird
The second book on my top 10 in the Christian non-fiction genre. I read more of this genre in 2019 and I hope to read even more in 2020 because they a faith building and encouraging to read.
I have a review on this wonderful book, which I'll link here.



6. Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar
I was introduced to the genre of Biblical Fiction this year by Jenna van Mourik (I highly suggest you look her up on her Instagram, Blog and Youtube channel, all @jennavanmourik!) and she raved about Land of Silence so I had to pick it up and I soon found out that her praises were not for nothing.
This book is so, so good and I am eyeing up Tessa Afshar's other books now...



7. Love, Lace, and Minor Alterations by V. Joy Palmer
I finally got to reading this book this year and I really enjoyed the story & Palmer's fun, quirky writing style. Also, the topic of being content with singleness was addressed in this story which is rare in the Christian fiction genre.
I cannot wait till her third book gets released! 



8. The Secrets of Paper and Ink by Lindsay Harrel
Another new-to-me author that I discovered this year was Lindsay Harrel. I have a written a review here on this blog so I'll leave that linked here.



9. In My Father's House by Ann Rinaldi
Ahh, just thinking about these books, especially this one, makes me want to read them again!
This lovely book had been sitting on my shelf for quite some time before I finally decided to pick it up this year. I shared all my fangirly thoughts on in a review here on my blog not long ago so if you are curious you can check that out.



10. Kind is the New Classy: The Power of Living Graciously by Candace Cameron Bure
I listened to an audio book of this book read by the one and only Candace Cameron Bure and I really enjoyed it. She writes about her own life experiences and her career, all while presenting the message of kindness in a simple and inspiring way.



I would happily go and reread most of these book right now, that's how much I enjoyed them!
Have you read any of these? What was one of your favourite reads of 2019?

keep blooming,

Comments

  1. Heart on the Line was one of my favorites from 2019 as well! I haven't read any of the others, but I just put Women of the Word on my TBR!

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Send me a little note if you appreciated this post!

Popular posts from this blog

August Favourites

She is called Daughter

Why I Want To Be A Mother & Homemaker